What does Kzoo do at MIAA’s

Forums Conferences Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association What does Kzoo do at MIAA’s

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts
    • #12190
      DonCheadle
      Member

      How much rest are their Nationals guys going to have at MIAA’s?

      I would think that Fonzi and Ellis only rest the week of the meet. I would like Dekker to swim some individual events at Nationals, but I wouldn’t mind seeing him only rest the week of too. Is Kzoo going to press to get another relay swimmer to the meet? I have scored it out and Kzoo can only win league meet if Hope and Olivet DQ a relay and the team swims out of their mind.

    • #33472
      silentp
      Member

      I see the entire K team resting for MIAAs to go in with a faster time and try to see some more PRs. I don’t mind this strategy and feel it would equate to similar results by the end of the year. I would not, however, swim the meet to score the most points, but to be the most ready for NCAAs, meaning I’d put Ellis in the 100 fly with the 100 back, things like that.

      If they are trying to get the most guys into NCAAs, and take 3 freestylers with the 2 studs, plus Bobby, do you think they might go Ellis-Fonsy-Greiner-Dmitruk in the 2MR? It’s a thought.

    • #33473
      facenorth
      Member

      SilentP, if K is going to take 3 freestylers plus 2 studs, one of a couple things would need to happen.

      1. One of your two ‘studs’ would have to be Bobby Dekker.
      1a. And one of your freestylers would have to be either Ellis or Fonz

      or

      2. K puts together and qualifies a medley with Greiner on the fly leg of one medley and different freestylers anchoring (and Greiner not anchoring the medley he doesn’t swim fly)

      3. something I didn’t think of immediately

      K will rank quite high at Nats in terms of points per person. I remember when Hope finished 4th in the counrty with 7 guys.

    • #33474
      DonCheadle
      Member

      @silentp wrote:

      If they are trying to get the most guys into NCAAs, and take 3 freestylers with the 2 studs, plus Bobby, do you think they might go Ellis-Fonsy-Greiner-Dmitruk in the 2MR? It’s a thought.

      They need 5 guys at Nats to swim all 5 relays (you actually only need 4, but Ellis should swim 3 individuals). There is noway you mess with the 200 medley relay, you put the fastest relay out period. Remember these same guys will have to swim it in prelims at Nats as well.

    • #33475
      silentp
      Member

      @DonCheadle wrote:

      @silentp wrote:

      If they are trying to get the most guys into NCAAs, and take 3 freestylers with the 2 studs, plus Bobby, do you think they might go Ellis-Fonsy-Greiner-Dmitruk in the 2MR? It’s a thought.

      They need 5 guys at Nats to swim all 5 relays (you actually only need 4, but Ellis should swim 3 individuals). There is noway you mess with the 200 medley relay, you put the fastest relay out period. Remember these same guys will have to swim it in prelims at Nats as well.

      Good point, any chance Fonsy swims 5 relays plus the 2 breasts? I don’t see it significantly helping their 800 FR, i’d still see them getting 4th, but it might prepare them best for NCAAs? Just a thought.

    • #33476
      swim5599
      Member

      In terms of a third event for Soriano and Ellis what are we thinking? Probably the 50 right. I don’t think either one of those guys will go quite fast enough to make the B cut if they are not rested at conf.

      They will need to fully rest to try to get any other relays in.

    • #33477
      DonCheadle
      Member

      They won’t need to be fully rested to get a 400 medley but they will need their Freestyler to show his best stuff:

      51.5
      56.0
      51.0 < – fully rested Dekker or Greiner
      47.0 < – fully rested Hennigar
      3:25.5

      Hennigar has the ability to punch his own ticket to Nationals…

    • #33478
      swim5599
      Member

      They would need to rest their 2 studs at least a week to get those times. I would think the fly and free splits would be possible.

    • #33479
      DonCheadle
      Member

      @swim5599 wrote:

      They would need to rest their 2 studs at least a week to get those times. I would think the fly and free splits would be possible.

      I agree.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.