silentp

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 31 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts
    • #12253
      maverick1
      Member

      this guy is only 11 posts behind mr. cheadle, this would be a pretty big takeover since i believe in june 2005 i was tied with him for number of posts…..

      silent let’s have you ahead of cheadle before miaas!

    • #34368

      I think he also might be leading the “Most Biased and Ludicrous” category as well!

    • #34369
      silentp
      Member

      @iguessthatsme wrote:

      I think he also might be leading the “Most Biased and Ludicrous” category as well!

      Was it my comment about Heyboer’s 2back? Because his backstroke has been REALLY impressive, i mean, 1:54 and 53-high at midseason, i remember another guy who did that… oh yeah, me, and i wasn’t that good.

    • #34370
      W3ndell
      Member

      First of all Phill has been faster than those times. Where from what I have seen those sound close to PR’s for you. So if your saying you go PR’s at mid-season that are equal to decent times for Heyboer than yes you can bring him down to your level. Otherwise I wouldnt compare a great swimmer to a mediocre swimmer like yourself.

    • #34371
      maverick1
      Member

      i believe silentp went 1:53.53 at miaas, that’s a 1:53 mid not high…..go to class more often

    • #34372
      W3ndell
      Member

      Hey Mav maybe you should get a job…and the point still stands that P should get life.

    • #34373
      Stevo
      Member

      This might get ugly for wendel….I guess we have to keep in mind he’s a freshman

    • #34374

      @Stevo wrote:

      This might get ugly for wendel….I guess we have to keep in mind he’s a freshman

      And that he is a gay ginger.

    • #34375
      silentp
      Member

      First of all, you can mock my times and i can say nothing about it, but i got to nationals individually based on it, which i am proud of.

      Also, don’t tell Maverick to get a job, he’s coaching while training as a pro triathlete. I doubt you can say coaching isn’t a job since your dad is a coach.

    • #34376

      @silentp wrote:

      @iguessthatsme wrote:

      I think he also might be leading the “Most Biased and Ludicrous” category as well!

      Was it my comment about Heyboer’s 2back? Because his backstroke has been REALLY impressive, i mean, 1:54 and 53-high at midseason, i remember another guy who did that… oh yeah, me, and i wasn’t that good.

      Yeah, I guess you weren’t that good…
      I will sympathize with you that now that you’re moving on in the real world it must be hard to let go of your days of collegiate athletics and you just want to live them over and over again through your alma mater’s youthful swimmers, but that doesn’t mean that you should compare yourself to swimmer’s from other school’s with different training and different coaching and different taper tendencies. And dude, please remember this kid is going the times that you went as a SENIOR, as a FRESHMAN.

      Despite the fact that Wendell hardly ever makes sense, not that I ever do, but he sort of kind of almost has a point. Now, don’t get me wrong, you might have been a good swimmer in your era, even if it was just 2 or 3 years ago (I’m sorry if that’s wrong, I don’t bother to research you before I post) but times are getting faster and the league is more competitive nationally now. I just don’t think that you’d be able to keep up with Heyboer. If you’ve ever seen him swim then you must realize that he goes these “not that good” times on days when he has already swam a good 500 yards or more before that 200 backstroke.

      Heyboer has the ability to final in every single event.

      Heyboer has the potential to not only final but to win all 3 of his events. It is going to be a dogfight, I’m sure, but after he surpasses you, will you please just shut up and give the guy some respect?

    • #34377

      @silentp wrote:

      First of all, you can mock my times and i can say nothing about it, but i got to nationals individually based on it, which i am proud of.

      Congrats!
      ๐Ÿ˜€
      From what I can see your times really improved too!
      ๐Ÿ˜€

      Oh dear, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t say anything.
      I’ll never make nationals, and that’s okay!
      I am less than mediocre and I know that!
      I just don’t like it when a very very talented athlete gets knocked down to the level of a washed up alum.
      Even if it was a Hope alum doing the bashing, I would bash him back.

    • #34378

      Oh and if you would like some help bashing me back:
      I have never broken 55 in my 100 back
      I have never broken 2:02 in my 200 back
      I have never broken 2:02 in my 200 IM
      I am horrible
      There ya go. There are some grounds for revenge.
      ๐Ÿ˜€

    • #34379
      Duck
      Member

      Iguessthatsme and W3ndell have recently made a number of people very angry, including me. However, as anger serves no function in a successful rebuttal, I will simply state objectively that they are guided by the distasteful ethos of conformism. First off, it clear they hate SilentP — yes, you, because you, like me, want to act as a positive role model for younger people. It probably sounds like I’m being flippant, but these two are the embodiment of everything petty in our lives. Every grievance, every envy, every delusional, biased ideology finds expression in these two.

      W3ndell is the picture of the insane person on the street, babbling to a tree, a wall, or a cloud, which cannot and does not respond to his actions. If he thinks his prรฉcis represent progress, W3ndell should rethink his definition of progress. Listen carefully: He thinks it would be a great idea to leave us in the lurch. Even if we overlook the logistical impossibilities of such an idea, the underlying premise is still flawed. W3ndell holds onto power like the eunuch mandarins of the Forbidden City — sterile obstacles to progress who treat anyone who doesn’t agree with him to a torrent of vitriol and vilification.

      For the sake of review, both these janissaries have been staggering around like punch-drunk fighters hit too many times — stunned, confused, betrayed, and trying desperately to rationalize Iguessthatsme’s unsympathetic roorbacks. It is not a pretty sight. All such combinations of audacity with ignorance would be supremely ridiculous but for one consideration: Iguessthatsme is an expert at shameless name-dropping — and he knows it. Opposing his pathological blanket statements actively and earnestly is the moral duty of every good human being. An equal but opposite observation is that his standard operating procedure is to destroy the values, methods, and goals of traditional humanistic study. End of story. Actually, I should add that given the amount of misinformation that he is circulating, I must truly point out that he does, occasionally, make a valid point (ie. I am horrible). But when he says that he is the one who will lead us to our great shining future, that’s where the facts end and the ludicrousness begins. For all intents and purposes, people often get the impression that besotted, depraved theologasters and Iguessthatsme’s co-conspirators are separate entities. Not so. When one catches cold, the other sneezes. As proof, note that Iguessthatsme’s desire to promote group-think attitudes over individual insights is the chief sign that he’s a lawless mendicant. (The second sign is that Iguessthatsme feels obliged to mold your mind and have you see the world not as it is, but as he wants you to see it.)

      It then follows that I, for one, want to live my life as I see fit. I can’t do that while these two still have the ability to threaten the common good. On a closing note, I hope that this letter, while incomplete, informal, and having no authority except its own inner strength and conviction, has clearly demonstrated to you that you can hear the crwth’s fremescent clangor every time either of them tries to create an ideological climate that will enable him to advocate measures that others criticize for being excessively brusque.

      Thank you.

    • #34380

      That was beautiful.
      I have, however, already expressed to Silent P, via personal messages, that I express no true hatred or offense.
      In other words, I apologize for my actions and will most likely not do it again.

    • #34381
      Stevo
      Member

      moderator jansen:

      Can we get a reading level analysis from Duck’s post? Thank you

    • #34382
      SwexasTim
      Member

      I will never be more embarassed to be a hope swimmer than I am right now…I mean really guys, really?!

    • #34383
      stiles
      Member

      To Duck’s post…

      plagarism?

    • #34384
      Stevo
      Member

      Jansen quite being queer

    • #34385
      Negrodamus
      Member

      iguessthatme,

      Why do you bash K so much when, if you went there, you would be the sixth, that’s right, sixth best breastroker. Just tell us how you have any justification in that.

    • #34386
      Derek
      Member

      @Stevo wrote:

      Jansen quite being queer

      I haven’t even posted in this thread yet!

      Queer: 1) strange, odd; 2) slightly ill

      I’ll fess up to the first one, but I feel fine.

    • #34387

      @Stevo wrote:

      moderator jansen:

      Can we get a reading level analysis from Duck’s post? Thank you

      Duck’s Flesch-Kincaid Reading Ease: 35
      “Ideally, web page text should be around the 60 to 80 mark on this scale. The higher the score, the more readable the text.”

      Duck’s posts, while they may be pointless banter, are among the few on this message board that don’t actually make you dumber. I thoroughly enjoy them although sometimes I am not sure he knows what century we are in.

    • #34388

      Sorry didn’t mean to end a sentence with a preposition.

    • #34389
      quacker
      Member

      I’m pretty sure thatDuck gets his stuff from Scott Pakin’s automatic complaint-letter generator at http://www.pakin.org/complaint/.

      Duck, if this is true, I no longer respect you. In fact, I wrote this paragraph to express my disappointment.

      Because many of the things I’m about to say regarding Duck have already been beaten into the ground, I will try to keep this letter short. Before I get moving here, let me point out that I am certain that if I asked the next person I meet if he would want Duck to snooker people of every stripe into believing that newspapers should report only on items he agrees with, he would say no. Yet we all stand idly by while Duck claims that the best way to serve one’s country is to corrupt our youth. He has no discernible talents. The only things Duck has unquestionably mastered are biological functions. Well, I suppose he’s also good at convincing people that those who disagree with him should be cast into the outer darkness, should be shunned, should starve, but my point is that the scores of goose-stepping dirtbags who comprise Duck’s gang must all be held accountable for helping Duck advocate fatalistic acceptance of a delusional new world order. Of that I am certain, because he is capable of only two things, namely whining and underhanded tricks. From what I understand, Duck’s precepts are merely a stalking horse. They mask his secret intention to deprive individuals of the right to serve on the side of Truth. While perhaps offensive to some readers, only a direct quote can fully convey the unforgiving nature and content of Duck’s calumnies: “Attention, deputies! Your orders are to malign and traduce me, and to do so at any cost.” Lastly, Duck vacillates between huffy flimflams and mutinous, brainless vaporings.

    • #34390
      DonCheadle
      Member

      Are you kidding. Duck even talks like this in person.

    • #34391
      W3ndell
      Member

      @Negrodamus wrote:

      iguessthatme,

      Why do you bash K so much when, if you went there, you would be the sixth, that’s right, sixth best breastroker. Just tell us how you have any justification in that.

      First of all, iguessthatsme is not a breaststroker. And I do not want to get confused with him. He said some stupid things becuase he was not thinking. I may have also said some stupid things, although my original post was pointing out the fact that SilentP, who by the way loves to go out of his way to make sure I know I swim bad, should sometimes not to post when he is wrong. SilentP you were a good backstroker no one can take away anything you did at Kzoo. Kzoo has great history in swimming and I understand you have a passion for swimming.

      Although when I get trippled teamed by Kzoo alum talking about who knows what(Duck) or basically telling me to go screw myself(Mav) my first response was basically the same Mav gave to me. So was I in the wrong, yes, was Mav, yes.

      Anyway the point is, which I think we forgot in the heat of this battle, all we want to see is our team and teamates swim fast and in the end we should do it with class.

    • #34392
      Derek
      Member

      @W3ndell wrote:

      in the end we should do it with class.

      This has been far more entertaining without the class, though.

    • #34393
      JackBauer
      Member

      Lenny i apologize for ruining your watching of the best show on television. I will try and keep my daily events to a minimum in my posts.

      W3ndell and iguessthatsme- I don’t care who you are, keep your mouth shut. I would be embarrassed to be a Hope Swimmer with you two running your inexperienced BS. I might make you two look like Kevin O’brien when i get done with you, you think it was an accident but he cocked off to JackBauer.

      Stevo- Way to post on the wrong thread, your post are not grammatically correct, at a 4 grade reading level, you can’t even get them in the right spot.

      But that doesn’t regard Derek being a nerd teacher with his grammar lessons.

      Bottom line K will get third, stop talking about anything different, and Hope will get second. Olivet RULES!

    • #34394
      silentp
      Member

      @W3ndell wrote:

      I may have also said some stupid things, although my original post was pointing out the fact that SilentP, who by the way loves to go out of his way to make sure I know I swim bad, should sometimes not to post when he is wrong.

      This was your original post. I think there could have been a more tactful way to say what you “meant”, or perhaps said nothing at all and let his swimming do the talking.

      @W3ndell wrote:

      First of all Phill has been faster than those times. Where from what I have seen those sound close to PR’s for you. So if your saying you go PR’s at mid-season that are equal to decent times for Heyboer than yes you can bring him down to your level. Otherwise I wouldnt compare a great swimmer to a mediocre swimmer like yourself.

      When someone comes onto the boards being very cocky and being a current swimmer he/she is going to be held to a different standard than those who say nothing.

      Also, if mentioning that the Medley Relay may not make NCAAs because of breastroke is bashing, then yes, i have said it because i can only base that on what i have seen. Hope has a very good backstroker, a very good flyer and a freestyler who by the end of his career may be the best relay swimmer the MIAA has seen. We have seen Hope struggle with the breastroke leg since the loss of Geurink (once again, bad spelling probably, and i am sorry), who was a very good breastroker. That is why it is mentioned in the relay.

      Finally, do i live vicariously through our current swimmers? Yes, partly, but so do the Hope guys or most people that post on here because unlike the Gorton’s or Peel’s of the MIAA, we don’t participate in our sport at a high level like we used to, but yes, we wish we could.

    • #34395
      Derek
      Member

      @silentp wrote:

      unlike the Gorton’s or Peel’s of the MIAA, we don’t participate in our sport at a high level like we used to, but yes, we wish we could.

      silentp, this is where you are wrong. We DO still participate in our sport at a high level. Unless you are suggesting that the alumni meet isn’t in fact the big show next weekend?

    • #34396
      SwexasTim
      Member

      I agree w/ derek, poor form silentp, I would have expected more out of you and your respect for the better than masters, just below training for trials alumni meet…

    • #34397
      ajp
      Member

      silentp? You think I do all this hard work for nothing!

      20x25s @ 1:00 lactate set for nothing?

      As never having been an MIAA champ, the only thing I can do now is dream for an alumni meet victory. Sadly, I doubt I will attain such glory.

    • #34398
      Derek
      Member

      @ajp wrote:

      As never having been an MIAA champ, the only thing I can do now is dream for an alumni meet victory. Sadly, I doubt I will attain such glory.

      Watch out guys, he’s about to say that he should have swam the 400IM his senior year! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.