Power Rankings

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 42 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts
    • #12369

      I have scored out the meet for each swimmer. I have included relay points, plus 5 for an individual A-cut and 2 for an individual B-cut.

      Nelson Westby STO 108.5
      Scott Hagemeyer GAC 106
      Matt Stewart GAC 102
      Ted Marschall CAR 97
      Brian Amundson GAC 92.5
      Jacob Koch STO 89.5
      Ben Hanson GAC 80
      Ben Wareham STO 78
      Jonathan Tapia HAM 72
      Nate Bentley STO 72
      David Friedlander-Holm CAR 71
      TJ Hardy UST 69
      Joe Anderson STO 68
      Tom Kukla STO 67
      Casey Larson SJU 65.5
      William Khoury-Hanold HAM 62
      Skylar Davis GAC 60
      Connor Ziegler GAC 58
      Josh Swenson GAC 57.5
      John Fox SMU 55
      Sam Christianson SJU 54
      Jake Burgess HAM 53
      Dan Mikkelson GAC 53
      Mitchell Johnson UST 52.5
      Billy Cuevas GAC 52
      Ryan Beckman HAM 51
      Josh Waylander GAC 50.5
      Jared Plotz CAR 49
      Kevin Mullee UST 49
      Mitch Stepleton MAC 48.5
      Adam Meyer STO 47
      Adam Thomas STO 46.5
      David Manley STO 43
      Kevin Kubat SJU 43
      Ryan Terrien CAR 41.5
      Greg Pokorski GAC 41
      Mike Jessop STO 40
      Tim Mullee UST 40
      Joey Chapman SJU 39
      Jonah Winter GAC 38
      C.J. Wagner STO 37.5
      Will Kruesi CAR 33
      Dave Pearson GAC 33
      Tyler Wakefield GAC 33
      Eric Tvedt STO 31
      Pat Stanaway SJU 30.5
      John Turtle SJU 30
      Trent Novotny SJU 29.5
      Ramiro Nandez-Acosta MAC 25.5
      Teddy Paterson HAM 25
      Leif Moe-Lobeda STO 24
      Jonathan Frank SJU 23.5
      Torre Ahlberg STO 23
      George Robbins MAC 22.5
      Ross Elenkiwich GAC 21
      Kevin Horn GAC 18
      Clem Auyeung GAC 17
      John Stark UST 16.5
      Bobby Chapman SJU 16
      David Nonberg CAR 15.5
      Brock Edwards STO 15
      Brian Joyce SMU 14.5
      Darren Lofquist SJU 14
      Landon Seebart STO 13
      Kirk Stearns UST 11.5
      David Wright MAC 11
      Nick Deleeuw GAC 10
      David Ballard SMU 9.5
      Elliot Bartis CAR 8.5
      Bret Jackson CAR 7
      Patrick Swartzer HAM 7
      Neil Wackwitz SJU 5
      Erik Witzel STO 5
      Michael Jordan UST 2

    • #35596
      Volume
      Member

      Why did you add points for cuts?

    • #35597
      middie07
      Member

      These could be a little misleading. Adam Meyer is a better swimmer than some of those “above” him and Mikkelson wasn’t necessarily in his best events. Not to be a jerk, but clearly people from teams with less depth are over-ranked because they were on relays that could not get worse than eighth place.

    • #35598

      I agree. Giving swimmer points for being on a relay seems to be counter-intuitive. The point values do not fairly represent the better and more successful swimmers. To compare to fishing, it rewards swimmers for being a “big fish in a small pond” instead of just judging based on the absolute size.

    • #35599
      The Treat
      Member

      there is a guy in the MIAC named michael jordan?

    • #35600

      @middie07 wrote:

      These could be a little misleading. Adam Meyer is a better swimmer than some of those “above” him and Mikkelson wasn’t necessarily in his best events. Not to be a jerk, but clearly people from teams with less depth are over-ranked because they were on relays that could not get worse than eighth place.

      If I remember correctly, this is for fantasy playing purposes, so places where there is a ton of depth shold be relected. It’s like fantasy football or baseball where the guy with great stats is not as good as a guy with merely good ones because of positional differences.

    • #35601
      N Dynamite
      Member

      @Eminence Front wrote:

      so places where there is a ton of depth shold be relected.

      What is “relected”?

    • #35602
      lirpa
      Member

      @The Treat wrote:

      there is a guy in the MIAC named michael jordan?

      The Tommies top two breaststrokers are John Stark(s) and Michael Jordan. It’s like the 1993 NBA Eastern Conference finals.

    • #35603
      middie07
      Member
      Eminence Front wrote:
      If I remember correctly, this is for fantasy playing purposes, so places where there is a ton of depth shold be relected. It’s like fantasy football or baseball where the guy with great stats is not as good as a guy with merely good ones because of positional differences.

      Thanks for clearing that up.

    • #35604
      stroker69
      Member

      Hmm, seems to me that some of the people involved in this draft made some big mistakes when they picked their teams. I’m guessing that they knew the point breakdown when they drafted their swimmers, and if that’s the case then why did people pick who they did? I just looked at the rankings and realized that lots of the GAC swimmers either got beat by the relay aspect, or just choked at conference. For example, I bet whoever picked Cuevas as their top pick isn’t too happy, or whoever picked Clement in the higher rounds. Both didn’t get as many points as people (or maybe just me) predicted. I would say that if this league is done again, to look at the performers that are going to got top 5 in all their events, then look at people who get in all their teams relays as the top draft picks. Looking at the best teams people first clearly isn’t the best way to do it.

      to mac of the miac- brilliant picks, all performed extremely well, i have no doubt you won

    • #35605
      CRUNCHYSOCK
      Member

      Well, most of the people in the league are over 30, and were not exactly plugged in to the MIAC swimming scene at the start of the season. And unlike Fantasy Football, there is no magazine to buy on your way to the draft. It is a keeper league, and now we know who is who. I’d expect next year’s draft to be much better. For example, I probably won’t get a swimmer the caliber of Ben Werham in the 5th round…

    • #35606
      caveman12
      Member

      @stroker69 wrote:

      Hmm, seems to me that some of the people involved in this draft made some big mistakes when they picked their teams. I’m guessing that they knew the point breakdown when they drafted their swimmers, and if that’s the case then why did people pick who they did? I just looked at the rankings and realized that lots of the GAC swimmers either got beat by the relay aspect, or just choked at conference. For example, I bet whoever picked Cuevas as their top pick isn’t too happy, or whoever picked Clement in the higher rounds. Both didn’t get as many points as people (or maybe just me) predicted.

      i dont think its fair to Clement for you to say he choked at this meet. according to my calculations he got life-time bests at this meet, other than the 50 but he only added a hundreth. he dropped .58 seconds in his 100 fly and .43 in his 100 free. now unless you believe everyone can drop amazing amount of times every year, than i guess it would be a choke, but its not the case, half a second is a lot to drop in a hundred at his level of the sport. Also, he scored 3.5 more individual points than he did last year. plus, the conference got a lot faster so getting more points as last year was huge. the only reason he didnt score as many points as last year is because he wasnt on the 200 free relay. now was it a shock to any of you that he wasnt on it?? anyone could have seen that coming.

      so how about you dont start saying that people are “chokers”, which i also take that to meaning not being able to step up under pressure or not big time performers. now unless you get the whole story right, than you have NO right to judge people on their performances. ill garuantee that both Clement and Cuevas do not appreciate you calling them chokers, nor would they appreciate you calling anyone from their team a choker.

    • #35607

      Yeah, I wouldn’t call either guy chokers.

      I think people just assumed Auyung would be on more relays (which is tough to assume in November when we drafted). We held the draft the day after the Olaf-GAC meet if I remember correctly (most guys were Johnnies or Gusties with little knowledge of any current swimmers)… and the main source for ranking was last years conference time and some rankings people threw out on this site.

      Relays played a huge role, and this was the first year. I’m sure next year’s draft will be different.

      I picked Adam Meyer in the 2nd round, and Mitch Stepleton in the supplemental draft (9th round basically). Mitch outscored Meyer, but at the time of the draft, nobody outside of maybe Bob Pearson (Mac coach) knew who he was.

      And yes, Mac of the MIAC won… Sleeve of Wizard took second. Yours truly, Gypsy Tears, took 5th. But Gypsy Tears don’t rebuild, we reload.

    • #35608
      middie07
      Member

      I think if you read that post more carefully you’ll see that it wasn’t implied that Cuevas and Clem choked. The preceeding sentence mentions “getting beat by the relay aspect,” and I read stroker69’s comment as meaning that neither swimmer got huge relay points. Clearly, being on a relay is more important point wise than not “choking” as evidenced by the high scores for some of the guys who didn’t do too well individually. So, caveman12, how about you stop your rabid assaults on people that are based on your own (possibly flawed) interpertations of their posts?

    • #35609
      silentp
      Member

      @middie07 wrote:

      I think if you read that post more carefully you’ll see that it wasn’t implied that Cuevas and Clem choked.

      Ok, no offense dude, this is a useless post. I know you’re defending a fellow Ole fan, but still.

      Of course it wasn’t implied that they choked, stroker69 actually came right out and used the word choke for their performance.

      We could just say “stroker69 had a bad choice of words”.

    • #35610
      middie07
      Member

      Well we all know that posting a response to a useless post is the best way to highlight its uselessness. And the only way I can see reading stroker69’s post as implying that they choked is if you think they choked. Look at Cuevas’s swims: 4th, 5th, 6th, individually and 1st on a relay? I don’t quite see how one would even think of saying that those two Gusties specifically choked. How many relays was Clem on? Did you count them? Check out the points from relays: he got 0. Part of the former meet record team last year, but this year he got 0 relays points. Now, let’s use logic, but not too much or silentp will just delete this post.

      What stroker69 wrote, with caveman12’s emphasis removed: “I just looked at the rankings and realized that lots of the GAC swimmers either got beat by the relay aspect, or just choked at conference. For example, I bet whoever picked Cuevas as their top pick isn’t too happy, or whoever picked Clement in the higher rounds.”

      …”and realized that lots of GAC swimmers either got beat by the RELAY ASPECT, or just CHOKED at conference. For example, I bet whoever picked Cuevas as their top pick…”
      Read that. Actually read it. It isn’t a perfect phrase, but doesn’t it make sense that stroker69 was highlighting the fact that two high picks who got a combined total of 10 points from relays might have been a point loss? Not that they choked at the meet? Probably not. Because since silentp can read this as an insult to Gustavus swimmers, he took it as such. It is not. It doesn’t make sense to classify either Gustie as having choked, but if you care about the points total it makes perfect sense to notice that Mitchell Johnson and William Khoury-Hanold got more points than Auyeung or Cuevas. Roll that around for a bit. And please stop maligning Auyeung and Cuevas by repeatedly asserting that they choked; as Gustavus supporters it sends a bad message.

    • #35611

      GAC was seeded to win the meet by over 40 points. The lost by 10. There was a 50 point swing that can be attributed to an average taper for most GAC swimmers, a good taper for most Olaf swimmers, and some questionable event/relay placement for GAC.

      I really don’t think “choke” is an operative word in swimming. The only place that I see presure getting to people is on the relay start. Other than that, you swim about as fast as your taper and abilities allow.

      Having said that, Cuevas totally choked. He went a 1:45 in the open, and a 1:46 with a relay start on the same day. Assistant to the head coach, Andy Hagen should have put in either Tyler Wakefield or Skylar Davis.

      Also, I would like an explanation for why Tyler Wakefield swam the 1650 instead of the 100. He had the fourth seed in the 100 and ended up swimming the mile for probably the first time in his career.

      @middie07 wrote:

      …”and realized that lots of GAC swimmers either got beat by the RELAY ASPECT, or just CHOKED at conference. For example, I bet whoever picked Cuevas as their top pick…”
      Read that. Actually read it. It isn’t a perfect phrase, but doesn’t it make sense that stroker69 was highlighting the fact that two high picks who got a combined total of 10 points from relays might have been a point loss? Not that they choked at the meet? Probably not. Because since silentp can read this as an insult to Gustavus swimmers, he took it as such. It is not. It doesn’t make sense to classify either Gustie as having choked, but if you care about the points total it makes perfect sense to notice that Mitchell Johnson and William Khoury-Hanold got more points than Auyeung or Cuevas. Roll that around for a bit. And please stop maligning Auyeung and Cuevas by repeatedly asserting that they choked; as Gustavus supporters it sends a bad message.

    • #35612
      stroker69
      Member

      thanks for the interpretation middie, I didn’t think that i had to spell it out for all of you, but I guess I do. I was saying that Cuevas and Auyeung got fewer points because they weren’t on relays. I wasn’t saying that they choked. I wasn’t going to call anyone out personally on having a poor meet, but I was saying that people who were expected to score big points didn’t. And that’s a fact that everyone can agree on regardless of team affiliation.

    • #35613
      silentp
      Member

      @stroker69 wrote:

      thanks for the interpretation middie, I didn’t think that i had to spell it out for all of you, but I guess I do. I was saying that Cuevas and Auyeung got fewer points because they weren’t on relays. I wasn’t saying that they choked. I wasn’t going to call anyone out personally on having a poor meet, but I was saying that people who were expected to score big points didn’t. And that’s a fact that everyone can agree on regardless of team affiliation.

      Just for fun, I’ll disagree, with part of it.

      I don’t think the majority of us expected Cuevas or Clem to score more points than they did, just those who picked them. I’d say they didn’t live up to the expectations of those who picked them as far as points scored, but to everyone else, they did.

      I mean, really, how many relays was Cuevas going to be on? He’s a good swimmer, but his events don’t lend to swimming on relays, especially this year. And Clem, some may have picked him for the 200 FR, but they couldn’t have expected him in more than that.

      I’d guess the guys just didn’t look at it like that, expect Mac of the MIAC, who did, and won.

    • #35614
      iknowall
      Member

      I too question why wakefield was put into the distance events. I’m sure chapel partner would chalk it up to something along the lines of mitch stepleton making out with his girlfriend, or joe anderson calling him a neophyte, but does anybody else have an explanation?

    • #35615

      E-Man’s Revenge picked Cuevas… where are you? Defend yourself!!!

      The guy who picked Auyeung never checks this site… as far as I know.

      Mac, quit bitching about Wakefield and Sky-Dave. You f-ing won.

    • #35616

      I am also upset that GAC lost and I think that Carlson and Hagen could have set their swimmers up better. I questioned assistant to the head coach, Andy Hagen several times during the meet about his flawed Wakefield strategy, and he had nothing. I also text’d him when I saw Sky-Dave in street clothes right before the 800 free relay. Again, no response.

      I’m clearly barking up the wrong tree. Chapel Partner, make sure that we get JC’s cell number at Cinco de Mayo.

      @Chapel Partner wrote:

      E-Man’s Revenge picked Cuevas… where are you? Defend yourself!!!

      The guy who picked Auyeung never checks this site… as far as I know.

      Mac, quit bitching about Wakefield and Sky-Dave. You f-ing won.

    • #35617
      the Todd
      Member

      @Mac of the MIAC wrote:

      I am also upset that GAC lost and I think that Carlson and Hagen could have set their swimmers up better. I questioned assistant to the head coach, Andy Hagen several times during the meet about his flawed Wakefield strategy, and he had nothing.

      Are you an idiot? Flawed strategy. Putting Wakefield in the distance was pure genius. No one not even Wakefield saw that one coming. Let’s review Wakefield’s meet
      7th in the 500 with a 450 and beat ole out of 8th vs. at best 6th in the 50, but if Wakefield had a bad swim that puts him around 12 and likely moves c. auyeung down a spot. Id choose Wakefield in the 500.
      9th in the 200. Not a great morning swim, but winning consoles by 1.97 is impressive.
      7th in the mile vs at best 4th in the 100. in the mile no one moved down from gac. in the 100 winter and c. auyeung move down. so the points equal out there. either winter or auyeung had a good shot at 8th without Wakefield.
      all in all good choice coaches. they trusted Wakefield to have a good distance meet and he did. he may have trained sprint, but for those who would like to know, he swam sub 5 min 500 in high school so he had the experience to do distance

    • #35618
      caveman12
      Member

      @Mac of the MIAC wrote:

      GAC was seeded to win the meet by over 40 points. The lost by 10. There was a 50 point swing that can be attributed to an average taper for most GAC swimmers, a good taper for most Olaf swimmers, and some questionable event/relay placement for GAC.

      Im curious to know what psych sheet had GAC seeded 40 points over Olaf. They lost by 5, not 10. I dont know who you are to second guess Jon. After much thought, he made the best line up possible the the 17 swimmers in the meet. Jon is a great coach, no one on GAC second guesses the lineup, and he is a far greater coach than you could ever imagine to be.

      @Mac of the MIAC wrote:

      Having said that, Cuevas totally choked. He went a 1:45 in the open, and a 1:46 with a relay start on the same day.

      Two things…
      1) are you clueless and cant take a hint. we’ve been saying to not call anyone a choker, and you still did. are you just bored and unhappy with the way your life has turned out so you go trying to bring down college students to bring yourself up?
      2) you are either looking at a false or you are horribly horrible at math (my pick is the second option) but Cuevas did split a 1:45 once again in the relay. yes, he may have gone 3 seconds faster in the relay last year, but he also went about that much faster in the open. so in conclusion, Cuevas did not choke, it just wasnt his best swimming day.

      stroker69-
      the reason i thought you meant that those Clem and Cuevas choked were because you mentioned the examples right after you said some swimmers may have choked, meaning the choke part was more fresh in my mind than the relay aspect (If that makes sense). I misinterpreted it and i apologize.

    • #35619

      You are funny. You tell me that I am an idiot, then prove my point for me. Nice work.

      @the Todd wrote:

      @Mac of the MIAC wrote:

      I am also upset that GAC lost and I think that Carlson and Hagen could have set their swimmers up better. I questioned assistant to the head coach, Andy Hagen several times during the meet about his flawed Wakefield strategy, and he had nothing.

      Are you an idiot? Flawed strategy. Putting Wakefield in the distance was pure genius. No one not even Wakefield saw that one coming. Let’s review Wakefield’s meet
      7th in the 500 with a 450 and beat ole out of 8th vs. at best 6th in the 50, but if Wakefield had a bad swim that puts him around 12 and likely moves c. auyeung down a spot. Id choose Wakefield in the 500.
      9th in the 200. Not a great morning swim, but winning consoles by 1.97 is impressive.
      7th in the mile vs at best 4th in the 100. in the mile no one moved down from gac. in the 100 winter and c. auyeung move down. so the points equal out there. either winter or auyeung had a good shot at 8th without Wakefield.
      all in all good choice coaches. they trusted Wakefield to have a good distance meet and he did. he may have trained sprint, but for those who would like to know, he swam sub 5 min 500 in high school so he had the experience to do distance

    • #35620
      caveman12
      Member

      im not exactly sure where he proved your point, when he said at best case scenario it would have ended up with the same amount of points. the 100 free was really fast this year so he would have needed a great swim for 4th. therefore, your second guessing of jon is wrong

    • #35621

      From your poor grammar and complete inability to think critically, it’s clear to me that you are a current GAC swimmer. I’d probably also venture to guess Choir major with a minor in Physical Education.

      Caveman12, let me give you some advice. Take this time in college and really work on your writing. Maybe take your post to the writing center in the library and ask them what you did wrong. Tell them that you really don’t want to sound like a retarded 5th grader, but that your GAC education isn’t working for you. After they help you out with your grammar, I’d consider heading down to Olin. Once there, explain to a few of the dudes wearing faders that you are a sheep. Tell them that you don’t want to go through life without having a single clear and original thought. They may make you play a few rounds of Magic “the gathering”, but you will also learn a few things that you couldn’t hanging out at the Lund information sports desk.

      P.S. You’re welcome

      @caveman12 wrote:

      @Mac of the MIAC wrote:

      GAC was seeded to win the meet by over 40 points. The lost by 10. There was a 50 point swing that can be attributed to an average taper for most GAC swimmers, a good taper for most Olaf swimmers, and some questionable event/relay placement for GAC.

      Im curious to know what psych sheet had GAC seeded 40 points over Olaf. They lost by 5, not 10. I dont know who you are to second guess Jon. After much thought, he made the best line up possible the the 17 swimmers in the meet. Jon is a great coach, no one on GAC second guesses the lineup, and he is a far greater coach than you could ever imagine to be.

      @Mac of the MIAC wrote:

      Having said that, Cuevas totally choked. He went a 1:45 in the open, and a 1:46 with a relay start on the same day.

      Two things…
      1) are you clueless and cant take a hint. we’ve been saying to not call anyone a choker, and you still did. are you just bored and unhappy with the way your life has turned out so you go trying to bring down college students to bring yourself up?
      2) you are either looking at a false or you are horribly horrible at math (my pick is the second option) but Cuevas did split a 1:45 once again in the relay. yes, he may have gone 3 seconds faster in the relay last year, but he also went about that much faster in the open. so in conclusion, Cuevas did not choke, it just wasnt his best swimming day.

      stroker69-
      the reason i thought you meant that those Clem and Cuevas choked were because you mentioned the examples right after you said some swimmers may have choked, meaning the choke part was more fresh in my mind than the relay aspect (If that makes sense). I misinterpreted it and i apologize.

    • #35622

      I too question why wakefield was put into the distance events. I’m sure chapel partner would chalk it up to something along the lines of mitch stepleton making out with his girlfriend, or joe anderson calling him a neophyte, but does anybody else have an explanation?

      I think Bobby Chapman peed on Wakefields leg at the SJU invite.

      Mac, you yourself said that if Sky-Dave hit his A-cut, Carlson and assistant to the head coach Hagen might pick Cuevas or someone else for the 800 free in hopes of getting another swimmer to nats.

      Unfortunately he just missed the B cut in the 200 fly.

      Either way, GAC won the 800 FR.

      Diving killed GAC… that is where Olaf won the meet.

    • #35623
      caveman12
      Member

      a choir major with a physical eduaction minor, will still get me further in life than where you are at right now. lets see its thursday afternoon….hmm… lets think here, what would the average college grad (or flunk out) being doing right now? well all the ones i know arent trying to pick a fight with someone via internet, or posting many many posts on a forum. rather they are working hard, and doing something with their life. they would probably laugh at the fact the most important thing in someone’s, their age, life is going on a swimming forum and trying to get rattled up, and still living their days in the past and wishing they were still in college or maybe even high school.
      at least with choir i could get the ladies with my great singing voice while knowing how to take care of my body (while probably being ripped). ya, im going to get a successful women with that combo, thats for sure. oh wait and i wouldnt be living in my past wondering in what ways i can try to relive it.

    • #35624
      CRUNCHYSOCK
      Member

      Jesus Christ, am I going to have to root for Olaf next year? You guys, whoever you are, need to settle this in a swim off at the Alumni Meet next year. Loser buys the winner a drink at the horseshoe in Patrick’s.

    • #35625

      I take it all back. You write like a retarded 3rd grader.

      @caveman12 wrote:

      what would the average college grad (or flunk out) being doing right now?

      Are you serious? “being doing”

      @caveman12 wrote:

      at least with choir i could get the ladies with my great singing voice while knowing how to take care of my body (while probably being ripped). ya, im going to get a successful women with that combo, thats for sure.

      Print off your post, show it to any girl, and watch her try her very best to not laugh in your face.

      @caveman12 wrote:

      lets its lets arent

      I don’t want to be completely negative. I’ll help you out a bit before your trip to the writing center. When you combine two words into one word, like ‘it is’, ‘let us’, and ‘are not’, you need to place an apostrophe in the place of the letters you replaced. It’s called a contraction. Also, you should get yourself into the habit of capitalizing the first letter of every sentence.

      @caveman12 wrote:

      they would probably laugh at the fact the most important thing in someone’s, their age, life is going on a swimming forum and trying to get rattled up, and still living their days in the past and wishing they were still in college or maybe even high school.

      Well done with “someone’s”. I’m proud of you. But I really need some clarification on:

      @caveman12 wrote:

      the most important thing in someone’s, their age, life

      How about you read this fragment outloud, and ask yourself if you wrote something that a reader can understand. If the answer is no, try to reword the fragment into something understandable.

      In short, Caveman12, you are the reason that I regret not paying the extra 10k to go to Carleton. And just a word of advice on the “ladies” front, once you turn 22, it’s all hair and smarts. I hope for your sake that you don’t lose your hair. Because you are nothing short of ridiculous on every other front.

    • #35626
      the Todd
      Member

      how did i prove your point there mac? did you not read my post? clearly your college education, or lack there of. is doing no good. count the points there on wakefields swims. swimming the mile he was guaranteed 7th if he finished it and swimming the 500 jon and andy saw something that you didnt. mainly that he was good enough to place in the top 8. which he proved by getting 7th. oh wait not only did he get 7th, but he kept tvedt out of the top 8 and forced him to earn 9th and wakefield beat another ole in finals. the 50 he likely would have placed 6th and pushed clem down one and brock edwards down 1 point. thats best case scenario too. the 50 was seeded much faster this year than last year and wakefield was seeded higher in the 500. i would choose wakefield in the 500 over the 50. so clearly you just proved my point that you are an idiot? i think you should spend a little less time playing with a fantasy swim league and getting upset about it, which makes you a bigger loser than anyone who has ever played Magic, and worry a little more about family and friends if you have any.

    • #35627
      SeekUp
      Member

      Mac of the MIAC you posts are both immature and rude. It’s one thing to not agree with someone and state the facts of why, but it’s completely different when you start personally attacking someone who was standing up for the people YOU “bad mouthed” in the first place. I realize that it is my choice to read or not to read the forum but seeing as how it is open to the public, I think you should choose your insults more wisely. Calling someone “retarded” is very offensive.

      Ok I am done with my ranting, you, caveman, and Todd can go back to your childish banter, and even though I am not involved in this argument, from reading the posts and being at conference I am going to have to side with caveman on this one.

    • #35628

      OK, this has been entertaining. I’m the guy who picked Cuevas with my first pick, and here’s what I was thinking…

      First, this is a keeper league, so I wanted someone who was young. Cuevas is a sophomore, check.

      Second, he finished 4th, 4th, and 2nd in his indivdual events at conference his freshman year, I think he hit a few ‘B’ cuts too. Additionally he was on MIAC champion 800FR. So I figured this meant he was good and would probably only get better, check.

      Third, I didn’t put nearly enough thought into the impact relays would have in the final scoring, so yeah, I’m an idiot. Check.

      Hindsight being 20/20 it wasn’t the best pick. Sometimes life isn’t fair, I just hope I can pick up the pieces and move forward.

    • #35629

      E-Man, just admitting your mistakes shows how big of a man you are. Kudos.

      As for Mac and Caveman…

      This is the best argument ever. I forgot what you even started fighting about in the first place. It is like the Zack and Slater fight on Saved By The Bell.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvdEHHeJvb4

      I hope one of you is wearing tapered acid wash jeans, and the other has on white hi-tops.

      Lets agree to disagree, and argue about something important… like what assistant to the head coach Andy Hagen does in his free time. I’ll say shop for Birkenstocks with his assistant Gary Whyte. Others have told me he likes to eat ice chips in the caf and jam on the acoustic guitar.

    • #35630

      First of all, Billy Cuevas and Tyler Wakefield are both awesome swimmers. They are all-Americans and should be very proud of their conference meet.

      Right before I made Caveman12 feel like a small dull child, I was trying to point out that Tyler would have scored more points had he swam the 100 free instead of the 1650 and that Billy Cuevas had a bad split in 800 FR.

      But really, conference is over, it was fun, lots of people swam fast, and now I’m just having a lot of fun inciting you three r-tards into making fools of yourselves. Am I being a mean to you? Yep. Am I being rude? Yep. Am I immature? Yep. But I’ve got 3:1 pot odds right now, and it’s worth the investment.

      @SeekUp wrote:

      Mac of the MIAC you posts are both immature and rude. It’s one thing to not agree with someone and state the facts of why, but it’s completely different when you start personally attacking someone who was standing up for the people YOU “bad mouthed” in the first place. I realize that it is my choice to read or not to read the forum but seeing as how it is open to the public, I think you should choose your insults more wisely. Calling someone “retarded” is very offensive.

      Ok I am done with my ranting, you, caveman, and Todd can go back to your childish banter, and even though I am not involved in this argument, from reading the posts and being at conference I am going to have to side with caveman on this one.

    • #35631

      A few points:

      1) Billy Cuevas is a great swimmer; he certainly did not let my fantasy team or me down.
      2) This board appears to be littered with cretins and mouth breathers who cannot be bothered to respect the English language. All these $25K/year educations should produce a basic grasp of written communication.
      3) Carlson needs to actively recruit some divers, now.

    • #35632

      I am going to agree with SeekUp here. These last few posts by Mac were extremely immature and rude. There is absolutely no reason to start personally insulting people on a d3swimming website. Both of you, instead of immediately typing back a response that makes you look immature and petty, take a deep breath and turn off your computer.

      As for the actual debate about Wakefield. Caveman’s and the Todd’s point was not that Wakefield would have scored more points by swimming the mile, but that GAC scored more points by having him swim the mile. Wakefield was 7th in the mile whereas in the 100 he might have placed 5th or 6th. So he personally scored 2 less points (assuming he placed 5th). However, in the mile there were no Gusties scoring points below him and there would have been Gusties below him in the 100. Had he swam the 100, Jonah and Clement would have both moved down a spot. Seeing as Jonah placed 9th, he would have moved to 10th and Clem would have also moved down one place. That mean there was a total of 2 points gained by Wakefield and 3 points lost by Jonah and Clem, bringing the net point loss to 1.
      Sure, if Jon was concerned about some online fantasy league, he might have put Wakefield in the 100, but he was trying to do what is best for his team and give them the best shot at winning conference.

      Oh, I also agree with E-man, GAC needs divers if they want to compete at conference. It would be very helpful for them to have one diver that has some diving background. Perhaps next year, with Christian gone, it will be closer but somehow I doubt it.

    • #35633
      middie07
      Member

      I’ve gotten three things from this thread:
      1. Cuevas swam well. I think it’s clear that no one meant to say he choked.
      2. Gustavus swam well but didn’t win. JC does know there are 20 events and not 18. And yes, Christian will be gone next year, as will Reed and Blaise.
      3. Mac is an even bigger dick than I am.

    • #35634
      CRUNCHYSOCK
      Member

      This thread escalated quickly! I think caveman and Mac just killed someone with a triton.

    • #35635

      Excellent summary!

    • #35636
      The15mMark
      Member

      I’m locking this topic, and thinking about deleting it, unless someone can provide with adequate reasoning otherwise. As moderator, I don’t believe that ripping on each other’s grammar, life choices post college, or anything of this nature is what this site is about. It is especially not about degrading or downplaying the accomplishments of swimmer. Yes, I’m talking to you Mac. You’ve been on the edge with many of your posts, not just this forum, since you started. Try to clean it up a bit with your accusations and flagrant posts.

    • #35637
      caveman12
      Member

      To everyone who has read this forum topic-

      i apologize for the way i may have reacted, and handled the situation. i called out stroker69 out of a misunderstanding and it was a mistake on my part. i took away from what this site is really about, its not about bashing people, its about discussing the sport. and i am sorry if i may have offended anyone by any comment i made.

      the one thing i will never regret is standing up for my teammates, or coaching staff. i do not apologize for that. it is not acceptable. don’t down talk anyone

      – caveman

Viewing 42 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.