Miami (OH) Invitational

Forums General General Miami (OH) Invitational

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 29 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts
    • #12125
      The Treat
      Member

      @Chris Knight wrote:

      1:37.98 David Curtis Denison (11/30, Miami Invite)
      1:42.35 Michael Ginder W&L
      1:42.71 Paul Crook W&L
      1:42.76 Blair Withington Kenyon
      1:43.57 Chris Millen Williams
      1:43.95 Matt Stewart GAC
      1:44.05 Caleb Courage GCC
      1:44.08 Randall Scarborough Emory (11/30, Miami Invite)
      1:44.11 Caleb Gottinger Kenyon
      1:44.37 Tim Newton Emory
      1:44.37 Matt Jacobssen Kenyon
      1:44.45 Chase Gross UWSP
      1:44.76 Rich Guerard JHU
      1:44.88 Neil Mahoney JHU
      1:44.92 Ben Byers Wesleyan
      1:45.19 Nelson Westby St. Olaf
      1:45.25 Matt Jacobssen Kenyon
      1:45.30 Paul McCloskey Springfield
      1:45.36 Nick Lake Emory
      1:45.39 Ben Hanson GAC
      1:45.55 Joe Anderson St Olaf
      1:45.63 Steven Schrank Carthage
      1:45.69 Bryce Peterson Denison
      1:45.72 Kevin Leckey Washington
      1:45.82 Brian Kushner Washington
      1:45.91 Yury Bylina Olivet
      1:45.94 John Higgins Wheaton
      1:45.96 Kyle King TCNJ
      1:45.99 Matt Harris Kenyon

      holy crap 1:37.98!!!! what a swim!

    • #32589
      Cali-man
      Member

      @Chris Knight wrote:

      1:37.98 David Curtis Denison (11/30, Miami Invite)
      1:42.35 Michael Ginder W&L
      1:42.71 Paul Crook W&L
      1:42.76 Blair Withington Kenyon
      1:43.57 Chris Millen Williams
      1:43.95 Matt Stewart GAC
      1:44.05 Caleb Courage GCC
      1:44.08 Randall Scarborough Emory (11/30, Miami Invite)
      1:44.11 Caleb Gottinger Kenyon
      1:44.37 Tim Newton Emory
      1:44.37 Matt Jacobssen Kenyon
      1:44.45 Chase Gross UWSP
      1:44.76 Rich Guerard JHU
      1:44.88 Neil Mahoney JHU
      1:44.92 Ben Byers Wesleyan
      1:45.19 Nelson Westby St. Olaf
      1:45.25 Matt Jacobssen Kenyon
      1:45.30 Paul McCloskey Springfield
      1:45.36 Nick Lake Emory
      1:45.39 Ben Hanson GAC
      1:45.55 Joe Anderson St Olaf
      1:45.63 Steven Schrank Carthage
      1:45.69 Bryce Peterson Denison
      1:45.72 Kevin Leckey Washington
      1:45.82 Brian Kushner Washington
      1:45.91 Yury Bylina Olivet
      1:45.94 John Higgins Wheaton
      1:45.96 Kyle King TCNJ
      1:45.99 Matt Harris Kenyon

      You were at the meet, I take it? I can’t find any results anywhere…

    • #32590
      Chris Knight
      Member

      Hardly, at home in NC. But it was a hard to find link.

      http://muredhawks.cstv.com/livestats/m-swim/index.htm

    • #32591
      gomez2354
      Member

      i take it you know about denisons 800 relay

      wow, under 6:40 at invites.

      i’m thinking they get the reccord at nationals

    • #32592
      silentp
      Member

      Fast times so far from what i see after the first prelims session at Miami:

      Psaris 2:03 2fly again
      MC Dain from Denison 2:07 2fly

      Harrison Brown 1:52 2fly
      Petroff 1:53 2fly
      Matt Wright 1:54 2fly (didn’t 99 red talk about him?)

      Psaris 1:52 2free, apparently liked back to back
      Westby 1:53 2free

      Curtis 1:39, proving he can do it again
      Geissenger 1:40 2free
      Newton 1:41 2free

      Both Denison and Emory had 2 ladies go 58s in the 1back

      Ulrich 51.1 back
      Byers 51.3 back
      Roos 51.7
      Diggs 51.9

      Lake 4:00 4IM
      Newton 4:00 also
      Peterson 4:01 (he swims the 4IM?)

      Byers 20.9 50
      Callam 21.00
      Curtis 21.03 (i guess he can sprint)
      Geissinger 21.05

      I got lazy at the end, but you get the point… anyone else still think Deinson doesn’t have the speed to win the 2FR?

    • #32593
      99 Red
      Member

      Check out Peterson tonight in the 400 IM. I don’t want to knock a distance stud like Newton, but I’d be really suprised if Tim outsplits Bryce by a second in the last hundred at night.

      If Peterson is switching away from the 200, I read that as a point maximizing move. Does anybody think he could win it at nationals? If he throws out a 4:00 tonight, I’d say his chances in the 400 IM are at least as good as they would be in the 200 free.

    • #32594

      I’m guessing Peterson would trade significant body parts to beat Kenyon at Nats – so giving up the best event in swimming (200 free) for a few extra points… well, I donno. It definately is going to tire him out more – but they won’t need the record to win the 800 free relay. Has anyone added the points, does Denison actually have a shot at Kenyon this year?

    • #32595
      Cali-man
      Member

      @99 Red wrote:

      Check out Peterson tonight in the 400 IM. I don’t want to knock a distance stud like Newton, but I’d be really suprised if Tim outsplits Bryce by a second in the last hundred at night.

      If Peterson is switching away from the 200, I read that as a point maximizing move. Does anybody think he could win it at nationals? If he throws out a 4:00 tonight, I’d say his chances in the 400 IM are at least as good as they would be in the 200 free.

      Seeing as Denison did not have any finalists last year in the 400 IM, this is definitely a point maxing move. However, I think that he would have a legitimate chance of getting 2nd or 3rd in the 200 Free come March, so if he doesn’t place as high in the 400 IM, is it worth it? His time would place him 4th behind Newton and Treat (when it comes to returners).

      I think the fact that if Denison does bring a full 18 to Nationals this year they have a very legitimate chance. They have so much talent coming back. I am really excited for them.

    • #32596
      swimaaa
      Member

      great swims by the milers too…especially Newton…never under 16

      1 Newton, Tim SR EMORY 16:00.00 15:44.19 36
      2 Lake, Nick JR EMORY 15:50.00 15:49.33 30
      3 Peterson, Bryce SR DENISON-OH 16:00.00 15:52.10 29

    • #32597
      99 Red
      Member

      Right now Denison has 6 guys in, 6 guys with cuts that right now (that is, before night finals, day 1) aren’t good enough, plus another guy or two (Sellon in particular) who should make the radar by the end of the weekend. They also have 2 divers with provisional scores. Getting to 18 will be hard. Getting to 15 will be easy.

      Do they have a chance? I don’t know. But I know I’m thinking about buying tickets to Texas.

    • #32598
      swim5599
      Member

      I can’t believe that swim out of Curtis. Jesus, man I was way wrong when I said that 1:38 mid would win the 200 this year. Unbelievable swim.

    • #32599

      1:36.32 Denison 200 FR Harlow 24.45
      1:36.41 Emory 200 FR Westby 24.31
      1:22.00 Denison 200 FR Curtis 20.95
      2:02.04 Psaris 200 Fl
      2:05.92 Dain 200 Fl
      1:51.88 Brown 200 Fl
      1:52.24 Petroff 200 Fl
      1:51.60 Psaris 200 Fr
      1:39.06 Curtis 200 Fr
      1:40.12 Newton 200 Fr
      1:40.25 Geissinger 200 Fr
      57.80 Bobo 100 Br
      58.08 Cassell 100 Bk
      58.22 Pasternak 100 Bk
      58.45 Comella 100 Bk
      58.66 Hostalet 100 Bk
      58.73 Lawler 100 Bk

    • #32600
      DonCheadle
      Member

      Peterson 3:58.72 400 IM

      I don’t know, Denison may have a shot this year. THey are going to get a lot of points from Peterson, Byers, Curtis, Geisinger and Ulrich. If they can get 13 top 6 swims out of those guys, look out.

    • #32601
      Chris Knight
      Member

      Man I am worn out from entering all those times. If I missed any I apologize.

      But yeah, Peterson’s 4 IM is really impressive. Pretty much every event in this meet is stacked.

    • #32602
      swim5599
      Member

      Yeah I would have to think that peterson could probably be 3:55 by the end of the year in that race. Unbelievable if the guy tries for two years to win the 200 free and then switches events and boom he runs away with the 400 IM. I do not think he will run away with it, but that 3:58 is really impressive right now.

      How about Curtis 20.9 lead off, and Byers was 20.7 individually. I think it might be safe to say that denison is the favorite in the 200 fr this year.

    • #32603
      The Treat
      Member

      @swim5599 wrote:

      Yeah I would have to think that peterson could probably be 3:55 by the end of the year in that race. Unbelievable if the guy tries for two years to win the 200 free and then switches events and boom he runs away with the 400 IM. I do not think he will run away with it, but that 3:58 is really impressive right now.

      How about Curtis 20.9 lead off, and Byers was 20.7 individually. I think it might be safe to say that denison is the favorite in the 200 fr this year.

      he swam the 200 for 3 years at nats.

      i havent added up points but i could see them making a run at kenyon this year. kenyon’s sprints arent very good and they’ve lost to denison in all the relays so far. if kenyon isnt fully rested, i guess it’s a different story, but why wouldnt they rest for this?

      i’m most impressed by their 1:22.00 200 FR. i expected them to be around 6:40 for their 800 FR, but not that fast in the 200 FR. their entire team is swimming out of their minds right now.

    • #32604
      The Treat
      Member

      @The Treat wrote:

      @swim5599 wrote:

      Yeah I would have to think that peterson could probably be 3:55 by the end of the year in that race. Unbelievable if the guy tries for two years to win the 200 free and then switches events and boom he runs away with the 400 IM. I do not think he will run away with it, but that 3:58 is really impressive right now.

      How about Curtis 20.9 lead off, and Byers was 20.7 individually. I think it might be safe to say that denison is the favorite in the 200 fr this year.

      he swam the 200 for 3 years at nats.

      i havent added up points but i could see them making a run at kenyon this year. kenyon’s sprints arent very good and they’ve lost to denison in all the relays so far. if kenyon isnt fully rested, i guess it’s a different story, but why wouldnt they rest for this?

      i’m most impressed by their 1:22.00 200 FR. i expected them to be around 6:40 for their 800 FR, but not that fast in the 200 FR. their entire team is swimming out of their minds right now.

      oh, and i dont think denison will break the record in the 800FR. they all swam pretty much lights out besides for peterson and they’re still 3 seconds off. curtis probably will not swim any faster than that after two full days of swimming at nats. peterson should be faster, but not enough to get that record. this relay was at the beginning of the meet so everyone is pretty amped up and fully rested.

    • #32605
      swim5599
      Member

      I knew that he swam the 200 for three years, but he was really only in contention to win last year. Pearson was on fire Peterson’s freshmen year so there was no way he was going to win it then, and Bryce was a little off his sophmore year. What was my point? Good question. HAHA I think my point was that he is proabably going to switch events and come up with a win.

      I think it would be cool if Denison could make a run at Kenyon. They really need a guy to come in and come up with 57 plus for their breaststroke split, and maybe Peterson is that guy. If they had a decent breaststroker they could come up with medley relay wins also.

    • #32606
      swimmer54367
      Member

      @The Treat wrote:

      @The Treat wrote:

      @swim5599 wrote:

      Yeah I would have to think that peterson could probably be 3:55 by the end of the year in that race. Unbelievable if the guy tries for two years to win the 200 free and then switches events and boom he runs away with the 400 IM. I do not think he will run away with it, but that 3:58 is really impressive right now.

      How about Curtis 20.9 lead off, and Byers was 20.7 individually. I think it might be safe to say that denison is the favorite in the 200 fr this year.

      he swam the 200 for 3 years at nats.

      i havent added up points but i could see them making a run at kenyon this year. kenyon’s sprints arent very good and they’ve lost to denison in all the relays so far. if kenyon isnt fully rested, i guess it’s a different story, but why wouldnt they rest for this?

      i’m most impressed by their 1:22.00 200 FR. i expected them to be around 6:40 for their 800 FR, but not that fast in the 200 FR. their entire team is swimming out of their minds right now.

      oh, and i dont think denison will break the record in the 800FR. they all swam pretty much lights out besides for peterson and they’re still 3 seconds off. curtis probably will not swim any faster than that after two full days of swimming at nats. peterson should be faster, but not enough to get that record. this relay was at the beginning of the meet so everyone is pretty amped up and fully rested.

      Actually they didn’t swim that great. They only need to average 1:39’s to get the record and they are all 1:39 in a relay. Byers wasn’t even under 1:40 on thursday night and neither was Peterson. You figure with Curtis swimming atleast a 1:38 and the rest doing 1:39’s, they will be able to get it.

    • #32607
      The Treat
      Member

      @swimmer54367 wrote:

      Actually they didn’t swim that great. They only need to average 1:39’s to get the record and they are all 1:39 in a relay. Byers wasn’t even under 1:40 on thursday night and neither was Peterson. You figure with Curtis swimming atleast a 1:38 and the rest doing 1:39’s, they will be able to get it.

      ok, point taken. byers could have been faster. he was a second faster last year. BUT that being said, curtis going that fast again isnt guaranteed. look at how he swam the rest of the meet. 1:39.0 is fast as hell, but its still a full second off what he went at the beginning of the meet. i dont know how many times ive brought this up on this message board, but swimming at nats for 3 straight days takes its toll, ESPECIALLY if you swim the 500. i dont know if curtis is going for the 50 this year or sticking with the 500, but either way, curtis’s 200 in the 800 FR was his slowest of the meet and slower than he was earlier in the season. i think they’ll be close, and if this is one of their priorities, then maybe they’ll go balls out and go for it, but i have a feeling they’d rather have the team title and you dont need to break the national record to win the team title. they might choose to save some energy for day 3.

      in order to break it, they’re going to need everyone to be swimming their best at the right time, which is tougher than people realize. they very well could, but in my opinion, i just dont think everything lines up and they break it.

    • #32608
      99 Red
      Member

      I’m not looking to cause much trouble here, but I thought it was funny that Emory’s press releases for the Miami invite have not mentioned Denison at all so far.

      http://www.go.emory.edu/Headlines/2006-07/Head_MSwim.html#11

      Lets see when the final press release comes out.

    • #32609
      swimbrst09
      Member

      i really wouldnt put much thought into that press release…it was obviously written in haste and without much information in it: i.e. it only mentioned two swimmers from the team that went…

    • #32610
      Flicka
      Member

      @99 Red wrote:

      I’m not looking to cause much trouble here, but I thought it was funny that Emory’s press releases for the Miami invite have not mentioned Denison at all so far.

      http://www.go.emory.edu/Headlines/2006-07/Head_MSwim.html#11

      Lets see when the final press release comes out.

      I’m not going to lie, the Emory Athletics publicity group tries their best, but have many times fallen short of even mediocre coverage. I wouldn’t be too offended. Plus, if you think about it from a recruiting standpoint, it doesn’t do Emory a whole lot of good to mention other competiting D3 schools at the meet when there are a plethora of “big and scary” D1 schools that can take up type space.

      Trust me, with the way those boys were swimming this weekend, Emory is more than aware of Denison’s presence. I can’t wait for March…

    • #32611
      swim5599
      Member

      Treat brings up some good point regarding what that meet will take out of those guys at denison. I think it might be safe to say that Peterson without swimming 3 200’s on day 2, could probably give them 1:38.0 on the end of that relay. Winning the event is probably all they are concerned with considering they may be in the running to win the entire thing.

      How about the meet that Geissinger had. My god that guy was on fire all meet also. 1:40.2 in the 200 is blazing. They have 4 guys that could be capable of going under 1:40 flat start, that is just amazing.

    • #32612

      @swim5599 wrote:

      Treat brings up some good point regarding what that meet will take out of those guys at denison. I think it might be safe to say that Peterson without swimming 3 200’s on day 2, could probably give them 1:38.0 on the end of that relay. Winning the event is probably all they are concerned with considering they may be in the running to win the entire thing.

      How about the meet that Geissinger had. My god that guy was on fire all meet also. 1:40.2 in the 200 is blazing. They have 4 guys that could be capable of going under 1:40 flat start, that is just amazing.

      Okay, let me get this straight. You guys think Peterson will be less tired swimming the 400IM twice compared to the 200 free twice? I’m not 100% convinced, but logically, I would think that two 200 frees would take less out of him than two 400IM’s – Either way he is going to be tired, unless he hits one of those magical tapers.

    • #32613
      swim5599
      Member

      Yeah he is going to be tired, but how many times have we heard guys talk on here about how much those 3 200’s take out of you on day 2. I mean if he is on fire, he could essentially float 4:00 and make it back in the big final of the IM. That being the case he pushes the IM at night, (wins it) and then he has basically the entire night session to rest up for the 800 fr.

    • #32614

      @swim5599 wrote:

      Yeah he is going to be tired, but how many times have we heard guys talk on here about how much those 3 200’s take out of you on day 2. I mean if he is on fire, he could essentially float 4:00 and make it back in the big final of the IM. That being the case he pushes the IM at night, (wins it) and then he has basically the entire night session to rest up for the 800 fr.

      I donno – I think that is mostly because we have a lot of people on this site that swim the 200 – Less guys swimming the 400IM are on the 800 free relay (obviously). He isn’t just going to waltz through and win the 400IM either, although he may be able to waltz through prelims, yes.

    • #32615
      99 Red
      Member

      In my expierience, the 400 IM plus the 800 free relay isn’t the worst double in the world. 200 fly to 400 free relay at the very end of the meet was always harder for me, especially if you have to do it twice a day (not that Bryce is going to do that). Of course, if Bryce is going to do the 400 IM, that means he probably isn’t going to do the 200 MR, which would have represented a .2 second add at the Miami Invite. However, he has to miss some relay, might as well be that one.

    • #32616
      The Treat
      Member

      @RhymeAndReason wrote:

      @swim5599 wrote:

      Yeah he is going to be tired, but how many times have we heard guys talk on here about how much those 3 200’s take out of you on day 2. I mean if he is on fire, he could essentially float 4:00 and make it back in the big final of the IM. That being the case he pushes the IM at night, (wins it) and then he has basically the entire night session to rest up for the 800 fr.

      I donno – I think that is mostly because we have a lot of people on this site that swim the 200 – Less guys swimming the 400IM are on the 800 free relay (obviously). He isn’t just going to waltz through and win the 400IM either, although he may be able to waltz through prelims, yes.

      i dont know about float a 4:00. itll still take a lot out of you.

    • #32617
      swim5599
      Member

      I think it is safe to say that Bryce will probably sit out the 200 FR. They did just go 1:22.00 without him. I think he has to be on both medley’s. My point was he will probably not have to push the prelim as hard in the 400 IM as he would in the 200 free. I think he still splits 1:38 low on that relay.

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.