Meet Results

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 31 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts
    • #12870
      Barack
      Member

      Wheaton Invite Friday Prelims:

      http://athletics.wheaton.edu/sports/swim/results/Fri_Prelims.pdf

      Haven’t found anything for EMU yet.

      Some observations:

      Hope is fast, way faster than I expected.
      Rose and RVZ 46+ 100fr…CVB and Kurti 47+
      200 IM: Heyboer 1:54, Nelis 1:56.
      Nelis: 1:57 2Fly
      1br: King 60.5, Smith 1:01
      800frr: 7:06; Nelis was 1:43 anchoring
      500: 3 guys going 4:52, only 1 makes it back.

      No Albion at this meet as anticipated. It’s only prelims, but still some impressive times. Anyone know if EMU will have real time?

    • #41654
      Stevo
      Member

      I would also say Wade Engers 200 Fly was pretty impressive (1:59) and Nick Stone on the B 200 FR going 1:47 is pretty descent as well. I was expecting King to be a little faster, and the same with Engers 200IM. Overall a solid morning. I would say i was fairly dissapointed with the 800 FR minus Nelis. Rose was 46.6 in the 100 and 1:48 in the 200 that doesn’t add up.

      A lot of positives!

    • #41655
      Rudy Shingle
      Member

      the only thing is stone was 145 coming into college

    • #41656
      silentp
      Member

      Hope guys will act like they expect them to swim VERY slow so they can act all excited when they swim solid. Happens every year. I’m ignoring it after that little comment.

      Olivet is at DePauw, for the most part they look slower than in-season,

      http://www.depauw.edu/ath/dpuswiminv/2007/fridaymenprelim.asp

      Alma is there too but don’t know their times.

    • #41657
      Stevo
      Member

      Hope guys will act like they expect them to swim VERY slow so they can act all excited when they swim solid. Happens every year. I’m ignoring it after that little comment.

      I never expect hope to swim VERY slow at Wheaton but i have gone through 4 mid season tapers for hope and they don’t have a 100% rest so i don’t expect them to swim as fast. So i do think these times are a little better than usual.

      Nothing like the pot calling the kettle black….you and all the K guys always nut over any positive swims that k has.

    • #41658
      Stevo
      Member

      I would hope that the Olivet swims aren’t rested. If they are they might be in trouble.

    • #41659
      The Treat
      Member

      @Stevo wrote:

      Hope guys will act like they expect them to swim VERY slow so they can act all excited when they swim solid. Happens every year. I’m ignoring it after that little comment.

      I never expect hope to swim VERY slow at Wheaton but i have gone through 4 mid season tapers for hope and they don’t have a 100% rest so i don’t expect them to swim as fast. So i do think these times are a little better than usual.

      Nothing like the pot calling the kettle black….you and all the K guys always nut over any positive swims that k has.

      out of curiosity, what is the point of the half rest? im being completely honest. i just dont see the point of just half resting. maybe to keep morale up after training for a whole semester w/ no fast swimming, but that’s about it. i say either go for it all or don’t go at all, but that’s just my opinion.

    • #41660
      Rudy Shingle
      Member

      It is kind of a break for some of the swimmers. If you went full out all out for the entire season there is a chance of burning out. Sometimes it is nice to have a decent swim that is around a best time then to just swim crappy the whole season. Some of the coaches might do a drop taper for midseason some which isn’t a full taper but swimmers can respond well from it.

    • #41661
      The Treat
      Member

      @Rudy Shingle wrote:

      It is kind of a break for some of the swimmers. If you went full out all out for the entire season there is a chance of burning out. Sometimes it is nice to have a decent swim that is around a best time then to just swim crappy the whole season. Some of the coaches might do a drop taper for midseason some which isn’t a full taper but swimmers can respond well from it.

      ok, that makes sense, but i just find it puzzling b/c most people are going to go home for a couple weeks, train on their own, but not nearly as hard as they did while at school. this takes away any advantage they might have had by only doing a half taper.

      of course, im sure some people train just as hard. this is just what i saw. people usually came back with a couple extra holiday pounds and struggled for the first few days of training trip.

    • #41662
      Stevo
      Member

      Rudy is right, we “half” rested in order to post some descent times and keep people minds focused on the MIAA meet. It is mostly for morale, knowing that with a full rest you will be faster and that will come at the league meet. We don’t care about places at Wheaton we cared about getting ready for MIAA’s. With Wheatons format being prelims and finals on the same day it’s a good warm-up for what the league meet will be like. Getting used to swimming rested but also swimming tired for multiple sessions just like it will be in February.

      Treat you were probably different because Wash U did a full taper for Wheaton to get NCAA qualifying times, and then those swimmers don’t rest for the league meet. It’s a little different in the MIAA where most everyone rest fully for MIAA’s unless you have A-cuts and are guranteed to win your events at MIAA’s.

    • #41663
      The Treat
      Member

      @Stevo wrote:

      Rudy is right, we “half” rested in order to post some descent times and keep people minds focused on the MIAA meet. It is mostly for morale, knowing that with a full rest you will be faster and that will come at the league meet. We don’t care about places at Wheaton we cared about getting ready for MIAA’s. With Wheatons format being prelims and finals on the same day it’s a good warm-up for what the league meet will be like. Getting used to swimming rested but also swimming tired for multiple sessions just like it will be in February.

      Treat you were probably different because Wash U did a full taper for Wheaton to get NCAA qualifying times, and then those swimmers don’t rest for the league meet. It’s a little different in the MIAA where most everyone rest fully for MIAA’s unless you have A-cuts and are guranteed to win your events at MIAA’s.

      yeah, it was different for us, but even during my freshman year when we full rested for UAA’s, we still did a full rest for depauw (at least i think…).

      “i can see it help keep your focus. you think, hey i went time X on just 7 days rest, imagine what i can do on 14-21 days rest! prob X-1.5.”

      i agree with the multi-session swimming tired part. shively did as many of those meets as possible or stacked dual meets together to help simulate it. saturday night at nationals and i was ready for another two sessions at least.

    • #41664
      Stevo
      Member

      wheaton is a good meet because they jam 3 days worth of events into two so you are real tired by the end. But you feel a lot better on Saturday of MIAA’s and nationals for the 400 FR because of meets like that.

    • #41665

      I think a lot of it is mental though. I always hated Wheaton because it was right before finals and I couldn’t concentrate on swimming. God that was the worst.

      My fondest Wheaton memory is when I went a 23 mid in prelims and had to swim off with some guy from Stevens Point. we both went 21 mid for some reason in the swim off (open water advantage Treat?) and the SP coach was like, “what the hell were you guys doing going 23’s??”

    • #41666
      Stevo
      Member

      I think a lot of it is mental though. I always hated Wheaton because it was right before finals and I couldn’t concentrate on swimming. God that was the worst

      Apparently some people worried about finals….

      Pancho i was so mad at you for going 23 mid…..but that was hilarious.

    • #41667
      The Treat
      Member

      @Captain Insano wrote:

      I think a lot of it is mental though. I always hated Wheaton because it was right before finals and I couldn’t concentrate on swimming. God that was the worst.

      My fondest Wheaton memory is when I went a 23 mid in prelims and had to swim off with some guy from Stevens Point. we both went 21 mid for some reason in the swim off (open water advantage Treat?) and the SP coach was like, “what the hell were you guys doing going 23’s??”

      you know it! that 200 FR time trial we did dropped a TON of time. you may not have anyone to chase/hold off like a regular race, but there are no huge waves near all the walls, especially in the 200 FR.

    • #41668
      Rudy Shingle
      Member

      here we go again with time trials haha

    • #41669

      A few years someone mentioned that, as time goes on, the probability of someone mentioning Hitler in a thread approaches 1. That is totally true for the Hope TT’s here.

    • #41670
      Rudy Shingle
      Member

      Anyone know where I can find EMU results.

    • #41671

      The 400 freestyle relay will be very close between WashU and Hope. They are less than a second separated by prelims 100 free times.

    • #41672
      Rudy Shingle
      Member

      kzoo 400 free relay 307.2

    • #41673
      DonCheadle
      Member

      @Rudy Shingle wrote:

      kzoo 400 free relay 307.2

      That is a great swim for them. Where did you get this?

    • #41674
      Rudy Shingle
      Member

      46.9 flemming
      1:57 200 fly groth
      1:54 200 fly dekker
      1:52 200 back ellis
      2:07 200 breast booms

    • #41675
      Rudy Shingle
      Member

      From the team

    • #41676
      The Treat
      Member

      @DonCheadle wrote:

      @Rudy Shingle wrote:

      kzoo 400 free relay 307.2

      That is a great swim for them. Where did you get this?

      couldn’t have gotten it anywhere. 400 FR is tomorrow.

    • #41677
      Rudy Shingle
      Member

      Obviously you don’t know that on friday at emu 200 strokes mile 100 free and 400 free relay are friday. The meet is run in reverse order with three sessions.

    • #41678
      The Treat
      Member

      @Rudy Shingle wrote:

      Obviously you don’t know that on friday at emu 200 strokes mile 100 free and 400 free relay are friday. The meet is run in reverse order with three sessions.

      ahh nm. i thought they were talking about the wheaton invite. sorry.

    • #41679
      Nasty Natti
      Member

      Kzoo 400 FR

      Bazzel 47.1
      Ellis 46.7
      Dekker 47.1
      Fleming 46.2

    • #41680
      maverick1
      Member
    • #41681
      maverick1
      Member
    • #41682
      Barack
      Member

      Some observations from today:

      Ellis 1:52 back was sweet…I think he’ll be under 1:50 at MIAAs/NCAAs

      The Hope sprint factory seems to be working well yet again…1:24.1 200FR.

      Fantastic swims for the K 400FR…I think they have a great shot at Hope in Feb.

      Booms 2:07 breast…he is prob. the new favorite to win at MIAAs.

      Nelis split a 49.9 fly in the Hope 4 medley.

      The K 400FR B relay was quite a bit faster than the Calvin A relay.

    • #41683
      El Duderino
      Member

      I just looked at the Depauw results, and aside from Olivet looking very flat, Steven Davis was noticeably absent – anyone know why?

    • #41684
      silentp
      Member

      @El Duderino wrote:

      I just looked at the Depauw results, and aside from Olivet looking very flat, Steven Davis was noticeably absent – anyone know why?

      Bum wing.

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.