Ben hanson or Skylar Davis?? only time will tell…

Forums Conferences Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Ben hanson or Skylar Davis?? only time will tell…

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts
    • #12287
      shootmeup
      Member

      So as conference is looms around the corner…are there any thoughts on who will win the mile??

      Almost positive both skylar davis and ben hanson will be swimming it…they are just distance swimmers. come on people

      ben who has won it in the past and skylar who i believe has beat been every time they swam it so far this year

      will ben hanson hold on to his title of MIAC mile champ or will skylar davis claim it for his own?

      From what i hear assistant to the assistand head coach gary whyte has been working them both pretty hard and is taking bets with people on who will win it at conference

      what do you think??

    • #34677

      The Sky-Daves the limit with Sky-Dave. He’s like the raw talent Shaq was in Blue Chips.

      I’ve said this in other threads, but I think Hanson beats him in the 500. Maybe Stewart takes him down too. But the farther he swims, the better he seems to do.

      He’ll be the biggest thing to happen to the mile since Roger Bannister… and later the Prefontaine movie with Jared Leto.

    • #34678
      CRUNCHYSOCK
      Member

      Wow, that’s a great post. You should post it on every thread…

      Ben Hanson is my pick. I can’t pick against him in a Conference meet until someone shows me its possible to beat him.

    • #34679

      @Chapel Partner wrote:

      He’ll be the biggest thing to happen to the mile since Roger Bannister… and later the Prefontaine movie with Jared Leto.

      There was another movie about Prefontaine called “Without Limits.” Random, but I thought I would throw that out there since both are quality.

      I watch them when I need to get psyched to train for Tri’s or or to race them.

    • #34680

      @Its all an ACT wrote:

      @Chapel Partner wrote:

      He’ll be the biggest thing to happen to the mile since Roger Bannister… and later the Prefontaine movie with Jared Leto.

      There was another movie about Prefontaine called “Without Limits.” Random, but I thought I would throw that out there since both are quality.

      I watch them when I need to get psyched to train for Tri’s or or to race them.

      Without Limits is the superior movie by far.

      And I have made it a policy not to bet against Ben Hanson at Conference until he loses…so my money (albeit a very conservative amount) is on Ben

    • #34681
      N Dynamite
      Member

      @shootmeup wrote:

      what do you think??

      I think your avatar is too big

    • #34682
      shootmeup
      Member

      @N Dynamite wrote:

      @shootmeup wrote:

      what do you think??

      I think your avatar is too big

      i think its bad ass. maybe you should get a bigger one…with samuel L. jackson..then you can tell me its to big.

    • #34683
      N Dynamite
      Member

      @shootmeup wrote:

      what do you think??

      I think your avatar is compensating for a deficiency in some other part of your life

    • #34684
      shootmeup
      Member

      @N Dynamite wrote:

      @shootmeup wrote:

      what do you think??

      I think your avatar is compensating for a deficiency in some other part of your life

      well…no. no it isnt. not in any way. im sorry your well, wrong. thank you for your observation tho. it was a good try.

      besides this isnt a the topic section for how cool my picture of samuel is its about ben hanson and skylar davis.

      now if you want you can start a topic on my picture and if you can gather enough support that says its too big…then i will find a smaller yet more badass picture of samuel L. jackson…but until then…

    • #34685
      middie07
      Member

      I find that I care less about who wins the mile and more about the fact that your avatar is, in fact, too big. Seriously.

    • #34686
      shootmeup
      Member

      @middie07 wrote:

      I find that I care less about who wins the mile and more about the fact that your avatar is, in fact, too big. Seriously.

      well thats to bad.

    • #34687
      middie07
      Member

      YAY!

    • #34688

      My money is on Skylar. Again, literally. I will take all mile bets from people who think Ben Hanson will win.

      How deep are your pockets, Crunchysock?

      @CRUNCHYSOCK wrote:

      Wow, that’s a great post. You should post it on every thread…

      Ben Hanson is my pick. I can’t pick against him in a Conference meet until someone shows me its possible to beat him.

    • #34689

      Glad the Avatar got fixed…

      I too will take on all-comers. Crunchy, you talk big, but you and I both know that Sky-Dave will kick Hanson’s tit-ass-butt in the mile (or just win by like a second).

      Put your money where your sock is.

    • #34690

      [quote=”Eminence Front
      Without Limits is the superior movie by far.
      [/quote]

      I have to disagree. Jared Leto makes a better Prefontaine then Billy Crudup (better actor I think also) and he looked more like a runner. R. Lee Ermey makes a better Bill Bowerman then Donald Sutherland as, from what I have read, he fits the personality better and looks more like the real Bill Bowerman.

      Prefontaine also show more people (more in depth) outside of his life like Mac Wilkins, plus its better directed, and it came out before the Tom Cruise/Richard Wagner version.

      Without Limits does show more of the grittier runner that Pre was, which I liked. I would have like to combine both personally to make and ultimate movie. I do own both.

    • #34691
      shootmeup
      Member
      CRUNCHYSOCK wrote:
      Wow, that’s a great post. You should post it on every thread…

      i detect some sarcasam….wow, good job. you are a regular jokester

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.