2007 CCIW’s

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 23 reply threads
  • Author
      swim5599

ANyone know who is winning what. We lost a ton of studs from last years meet, so it could get interesting. I look for Linn to have a huge meet.

@swim5599 wrote:

ANyone know who is winning what. We lost a ton of studs from last years meet, so it could get interesting. I look for Linn to have a huge meet.

Thank You Mr. Obvious. Maybe Higgins, Jole, Pelka, and Hartman will go fast as well. Its possible that IWU will probably have some guy we have never heard of plausibly drop a lot of time too.

One thing’s for sure the meet will be at Wheaton.

Swim Dad

I hope your right about Linn but I have some doubts considering his recent elbow injury. He will be the key on whether they get their 800 Free relay to Nationals and will be the key swimmer on many relays. Hartman is an unknown factor right know since I haven’t seen much this season but past performances certainly show his capabilities. I know Higgins, Pelka, Jole and Cramer will have great meets along with Schranck. I am not sure about Davis he didn’t look very good the last time I seen him but he tapered great last year. I think we will also see great performances out of Verner, Kempe and Mulsoff who are ready for this meet after working hard this season. Other notables will be Graves, Rock and Betzle from Ill Wesleyan and don’t forget about Van Huis from Carthage who has looked very good.

@Swim Dad wrote:

I hope your right about Linn but I have some doubts considering his recent elbow injury. He will be the key on whether they get their 800 Free relay to Nationals and will be the key swimmer on many relays. Hartman is an unknown factor right know since I haven’t seen much this season but past performances certainly show his capabilities. I know Higgins, Pelka, Jole and Cramer will have great meets along with Schranck. I am not sure about Davis he didn’t look very good the last time I seen him but he tapered great last year. I think we will also see great performances out of Verner, Kempe and Mulsoff who are ready for this meet after working hard this season. Other notables will be Graves, Rock and Betzle from Ill Wesleyan and don’t forget about Van Huis from Carthage who has looked very good.

What did Tim do to his Elbow? I wouldn’t be worrying much about them getting an 800 free relay into nationals (broken record here). I mean, weirder things have happened but…

I just hope people go PR’s and are happy. If that is the case, Wheaton will get a relay in : )

swim5599

Unfortunately I do not think that Wheaton has quite enough fire power to get an 800 fr qualified. They should get their sprints in and have enough guys at the meet to swim it, but I do not see them going 6:51 in the 800 FR. I could be wrong. For example, they were awesome in the 8 fr last year.

yeah I believe Graves has been 4:44 and 16:15 in the past, and IWU usually goes crazy at the conf meet.

Jole has been interesting to watch, I am so used to seeing him put up great times in december, and the 57.4 is obviously good, but I thought he would be a smidge quicker in the 200. Either way I am sure he is going 56 mid and 2:04 low at the conf meet. IN regards to Schrank, i am interested to see if he drops the 500 free and doubles up the 4 IM and 1 breast on fri?

Swim Dad

As far as the Men’s 800 Free relay. With Higgins at 1:41.35 already can he go faster? Can Hartman pull off a 1:42? Can Cramer, Linn or Mulsoff come in with a low 1:44 each? I would like to be a little optimistic and think that they can get four target times and squeeze in.

swim5599

It depends on how rested Higgins is.
      Higgins 1:42.5 on about a weeks rest
      Hartman will be fully rested so I would think 1:42.0 could be a possibility
      Lets throw Cramer in at 1:44.0
      and then either Linn or Mulsoff at 1:44.0

That is 6:52.5. I am not sure if that would quite do it. I think the qualifying time a year ago was a smidge faster then that. I am a huge Wheaton supporter so I hope it happens.

Their 2 fr and 4 fr should be close also

Mr. Obvious

@N Dynamite wrote:

@Swim Dad wrote:

Pelka and Higgins won’t taper for Conference so it a real crap shoot for their teams.

I don’t know if I believe this – they don’t have any relays fast enough right now to qualify for Houston. If those two don’t taper they won’t get a relay in. They have to taper.

Bingo I know for for a fact that Pelka will be completely tapered because Earhart feels he is the key to their 200 free relay getting in.

Gyorf

i would love to see whaton get an 800 relay in, but that is a tough event to have everyone on the same page… it happened for the first time in my four years at wheaton at nationals last year, we got kinda lucky. but i think they definately have the skills to do it…. and again, wheaton swimmers love swimming at home, especailly for conference, wheaton swam lights out two years ago. i wish i could be there to see it.

swim5599

Are you sure you do not mean that Pelka is the key to their 800 FR?

I am also interested to see how Bax does. He has been 48.0 21.8 and 52 plus in the fly already this year, they are going to need a monstrous split out of him in their free relays.

Swim Dad

Pelka is one great swimmer but he isn’t a sprinter so I don’t see him being a key to the 200 Freestyle Relay. I also heard from the Mother of Bryan Pelka that he was resting and not tapering for Conference, same with Higgins and Marko at Wheaton. I am sure that they all will still be a factor in who wins conference.

@swim5599 wrote:

Are you sure you do not mean that Pelka is the key to their 800 FR?

@Swim Dad wrote:

Pelka is one great swimmer but he isn’t a sprinter so I don’t see him being a key to the 200 Freestyle Relay. I also heard from the Mother of Bryan Pelka that he was resting and not tapering for Conference, same with Higgins and Marko at Wheaton. I am sure that they all will still be a factor in who wins conference.

I hate to be the one to tip you off, but that was said by… Mr. Obvious. I’ll just lay it out straight for ya – everything he says is sarcastic.

swim5599

congrats to the wheaton ladies on breaking the open record in the 200 FR last night. I was sad to see it go, but 1:36.6 is pretty quick.

Burt on fire last night 23.8 flat start

Jole monster split in the medley 55.5. I hate to say it, but does Taylor’s 55.9 go tonight?

@swim5599 wrote:

congrats to the wheaton ladies on breaking the open record in the 200 FR last night. I was sad to see it go, but 1:36.6 is pretty quick.

Burt on fire last night 23.8 flat start

Jole monster split in the medley 55.5. I hate to say it, but does Taylor’s 55.9 go tonight?

hmm. It definately might. Jole usually swims faster flat start than relay… which is pathetic IMO. I use pathetic loosely… but really, he should be faster on relays. I think you have to consider the dolphins off the wall – he’ll have to be under 55.5 before he *really* beats JT.

Mr. Obvious

I’m going to go on record and say that Zach Jole wins the 100 breaststroke tonight. His 4:07 IM was pretty good this morning too.

swim5599

Yeah I scrolled down the 400 IM and I was kinda shocked to see that he went that fast. Although I am not sure why, that guy gets better and better each year. He went 56.8 in the breast this morning and I am guessing, he probably did not rev that up 100%. My call is 56.1 tonight. Jt is safe for another year

Although I am not sure why, that guy gets better and better each year.

Steroids I think. Why WOULDN’T he get faster? Question is, why would he swim it in the first place?

swim5599

I meant I was not surprised by the 400 IM, based on the fact that he gets faster each year. After reading what I wrote the first time it sounded kinda wordy

Gyorf

hey werent people doubting the wheaton girls free relay? just checking. anyway, so far some pretty good times over the board. good stuff.

Any live reports from the meet Mr. 5599? Doesn’t look like Schranck or Higgins tapered, but Pelka and Jole look like they did.

Wow. Looks like Carthage isn’t even going to put up a fight this year. I thought Wheaton would win, but not this easily…

Wheaton – 16 up, 7 down
      Carthage – 10 up, 2 down

James Verner is on fire. 59.9 100 brst, after his 1:56.2 200IM yesterday. He should get B cuts in both the 400IM and 200 Breast – to bad he doesn’t have a relay event…

edit – I didn’t realize the 200br B cut was 2:08 now. He won’t go that, probably more like 2:10. 4IM I think he could be 4:09.

swim5599

1:42.0 out of Higgins last night. That is an awesome swim for a guy that was probably rested 3 days or so. I could see him go 1:40.5 or better at NCAA’s.

Jole is also on fire. 56.6 is great, but look at his split in the 50 breast 25.0, fastest in conf history.

gunner_106

Jole had a great meet.

i hope this is the year that he goes to nats and is able to get into the top 8 like i know he can.

i was not able to make it to the meet, but has he been able to make good use of the butterfly kick for the underwaters.

i graduated in 05 and was not able to take advantage of it, but was wondering if jole was able to make use of it.

last year’s nats seemed to be a bit slow in the breast when everyone thought that it would get faster because of the dolphin kick. i think that everyone has had an opportunity to get used to it, and the times this year seem to be reflecting.

swim5599

JOle’s 200 was pretty stellar as well 2:03.9 is pretty quick

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.