2007-2008

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 23 reply threads
  • Author
      swimkid4221

As I sit here, watching Die Hard 2 and being a super gimp, I was thoroughly bored…so I figured, I’ll start some chatter on here. Once again we have another season yet upon us…okay…in 2 and 1/2 months…but still.
      What is this season gonna hold? Any predictions for people to step up this year? Incoming freshman? Records coming down? Big upsets at MIAAs? I know it is early…but let’s hear what people have to say.

uestlove

Well, the predictions about Kzoo winning leagues have definitely decreased since they learned they weren’t getting their prized recruit. It’s a shame for the whole league really.

I predict a victory for the Dutchmen this year.

Old Man

Who was their prized recruit?

DonCheadle

Olivet got a good class, Hope from what I heard, did not. Olivet is losing less, maybe about the same. Hope still does not have divers. Olivet wins again. Kzoo makes is closer to 2nd than last year, and goes into the meet looking for a victory. Alumni argue over stupid things. Kzoo scores the most points at Nationals, Hope gets another 200 Free Relay to the meet, and score a few consol relays. That is about it.

silentp

3 teams could be sending relays from the MIAA this year, which would be pretty cool. Olivet is the longest shot, with K and Hope pretty much assured of it. Olivet will win by more than they won last year and K will be closer to Hope (agreeing with Cheadle here), but still a year away from being competitive. K has a shot to bust into the top 10 at nats, a good shot.

For K’s prized recruit, check the Recruits section regarding Hiram’s latest addition.

comradconrad

Calvin wins the Kzoo and Hope dual meets but gets beat by both at confrence

iamdonovan

Why are you watching Die Hard 2? That’s the least best of the four (I can’t say it sucks, because John McClane cannot suck).

DonCheadle

I’ll go in this order:

Die Hard 1
      Die Hard 2
      Die Hard 4
      Die Hard 3

The original Die Hard is one of the best pure action movies of all time, up there with Raider’s of the Lost Ark.

iamdonovan

I’ll agree with you about Die Hard 1. But I actually thought they did a good job with the newest Die Hard, ridiculous plane stunts aside. Regardless of its place in the Die Hard pantheon, Live Free or Die Hard is still a lot better than Transformers.

Mickey Mouse

Who was their prized recruit?

Why are you guys avoiding this question? If he went somewhere else, what’s the harm in telling us?

iamdonovan

It wasn’t avoided, it was just covered somewhere else. So, go look it up and find your answers.

swimkid4221

Well, I can’t tell HBO what to put on TV…and it was either that, How to Eat Fried Worms, or some show with Bob Costas…and personally…I hope Costas runs himself into a knife.

comradconrad

Die Hard Four
      Die Hard One
      Die Hard Two
      Die Hard Three

but probably because I’m too young to understand

Old Man

Mickey,

Did you find the elusive Hiram recruit? I’ve been at the recruiting forum and still can’t find a name.

Just a reference to a Junior National qualifier.

N Dynamite

@DonCheadle in recruit compiled list… wrote:

Hiram got a guy just off Seniors in the IM’s He is from Mexico, and thus his times are LCM, so who knows if they will translate to yards.

and
      @OutsideSmoker27 wrote:

¿Cómo se llama él? At least going to Hiram he’ll still be swimming meters in practice every day, even if it is SCM. Maybe he’ll be the key Jack Groselle needs to push that program up to where it could be (ignore the mixed metaphor there). Then again, given the facilities he has to work with, maybe not. 😕

and
      @DonCheadle wrote:

Santiago Morales

Come on, it wasn’t that hard to find – all you have to do is use the search feature and put in Hiram recruit 🙄

swimkid4221

Stupid Santi…

silentp

@comradconrad wrote:

Calvin wins the Kzoo and Hope dual meets but gets beat by both at confrence

Interesting, from this statement, am I to assume Toll will be able to keep his grades up and Ress is coming back, and you got some solid recruits? I am excited to hear about these recruits, perhaps it will put Calvin back into nationals.

silentp

@N Dynamite wrote:

Come on, it wasn’t that hard to find – all you have to do is use the search feature and put in Hiram recruit 🙄

Thanks ND, i really thought i answered the question with my statement, but i guess not.

comradconrad

Toll and Ress are both maybes. But we have a large recruiting class. So we shouldn’t take 1st, 5th, 6th anymore.

My thoughts are, our depth will be much increased so we can score more seconds and thirds in stead of fifth and sixth’s, but we don’t have any PBG’s coming in so conference won’t be huge for us.

We should be able to put a decent medley relay together this year though.

Lane2AllStar

Yo Conrad sorry to bring this up and all I know this has been dead for a long time. But I was just thinking of how close our dual meet was last year. If thats why you think Calvin will win the meet this year well then that isnt a very good argument. Hope swam its worst meet of the year against Calvin last year and you guys swam your best meet didnt even have its strongest lineup and still won. I mean you guys beat our medley…and your medley was like 4 seconds slower at leagues that just should not have happened. You guys are going to have to have some real solid recruits and have everyone returning to make it a close meet. But in that case we would also just put in our strongest line up. Calvin is just not going to win the dual meet.

swimkid4221

I have to agree…Hope has what it takes to whoop some ass during season and at MIAAs…but lets not forget who is gonna show up for the big dance in Ohio this year.

comradconrad

spoken like a true cocky hope swimmer

yes I will eat my words later

silentp

I’ll take Hope by 50 minumum (perhaps a little low for the final spead) based on dual meet scoring of 9-4-3-2-1, so those 1sts are much more valuable than 2nds, or even 2nd and 3rds. This could change if Toll AND Ress come back, but I’d still lean towards Hope. Should be some fun duals this season though.

SpeedoSnake

Calvin will be the best team of all time. They have Mark Volle who, besides being dead sexy and a very eligible bachelor, is the best swimmer in the country… or even the world. I hear he had a phenomenal practice the other day.

When will the fantasy league begin?

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.