200 Free national record?

Forums General National Championships 200 Free national record?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      swim5599

I know that David Curtis went 1:37.9 in December in the 200 free, does anyone think that in the next 2 plus years he would have a chance to break Mulvihill’s record of 1:36.6? Now I know this is not considered the nat record, because it was done at the d 1 meet, but the guy was still at kenyon.

middie07

Four words, aside from the likelihood of David Curtis: Matt Stewart, Jacob Koch. Look up the UWSP results, Stewart split a 1:41.9 at a typically slow meet–and he tapers well (as does Koch, MIAC is coming on strong).

silentp

@middie07 wrote:

Four words, aside from the likelihood of David Curtis: Matt Stewart, Jacob Koch. Look up the UWSP results, Stewart split a 1:41.9 at a typically slow meet–and he tapers well (as does Koch, MIAC is coming on strong).

While I am a big Matt Stewart supporter, i think he’ll be about 1:39 and there is a significant difference between a 1:37 and a 1:39, not saying it’s not possible, but I am also not betting on Curtis breaking the record, not this year anyway. As for Koch, I think the 200 is a bit long for him. He will no doubt be in the race with Hanson at MIACs, but look for him to shine in the 100, where he should be top 5 at Nats.

swim5599

No I also do not think curtis will break the record this year, I was thinking more like next year or senior year. We are talking about 1.3 seconds in a 200 over a 2 plus year span. Probably a possibility.

Mr. Obvious

@swim5599 wrote:

Probably a possibility.

Or positively plausable.

Thank You Mr. Obvious.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.