200 Breast @ MIAA’s

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Swimdad55

After looking at the top times list for the season up to this point, it looks like Kovacs is positioned well to meet his end season goals. He is currently seeded 7th in the 200 breast. He is reportedly very excited about defending his consecutive titles in the “Boner Heat” of the 2breast (06 and 07 champion). Kzoo teammates are cheering him on as he will try to make sure that he is in this heat after prelims. Best of luck in defending your title!

Best of luck to Kovacs in defending his title in the prestigious “boner heat.”

With regards to the 200 breast, I have a question for one of those guys who spends all day at work memorizing d3 times (silentp, derek, swexas…)

Will Booms’s time of 2:07.03 go this year? last year i think the cutoff was a 2:06.76 (is that right?). Has the event gotten faster or slower on the national scale?

Rudy Shingle

The real question is will there be 12 swimmers in this event

Derek

@Nehemiah Ingram wrote:

guys who spends all day at work memorizing d3 times (silentp, derek, swexas…)

How the hell did I get on that list?

silentp 2085
      DonCheadle 1959
      swim5599 1606
      The Treat 1224
      Milhouse 1212
      miller 805
      Derek 804 (after I post this it will be 805…)

I rank 5th in the MIAA and 5th on my own team. Dude!

iamdonovan

yeah, but you also started/run the website.

SwexasTim

More importantly how did I get on there with 253 posts, less than a third of you derek.

DonCheadle

@Nehemiah Ingram wrote:

Best of luck to Kovacs in defending his title in the prestigious “boner heat.”

With regards to the 200 breast, I have a question for one of those guys who spends all day at work memorizing d3 times (silentp, derek, swexas…)

Will Booms’s time of 2:07.03 go this year? last year i think the cutoff was a 2:06.76 (is that right?). Has the event gotten faster or slower on the national scale?

No that time won’t make it.

El Duderino

I always thought the boner heat was the first heat of prelims, not the consolation final.

silentp

@Nehemiah Ingram wrote:

Last year they took 19, 5 of which are seniors. 4 non-seniors swam in the event and were under 2:10, so they would be good people to watch. You also have Westby from Olaf swimming a 2:02, which would probably make it a better fit for him than doubling up with the 1fly/1breast combo, just ask Aaron Cole.

There are also freshmen to consider. The new Russian Rocket from SUNY Staten Island is 1 with his 2:03, and Keeley (from JHU), if healthy, would be another. David Lazarus from Kenyon is swimming much faster and jumped ahead of Booms. Mason White, from Emory, is another freshman with a fast posted time. Lazarus may not rest again, because his 100 time is in for sure, and Kenyon likes to play that way, so that could help.

All of this means the cut will be significantly faster than last year and Booms will need to drop time to make it. If I had to pick the last time taken from something already posted I would say either Kegelman’s 2:06.18 (won’t taper again) or Yamada’s 2:06.57 (will need to rest again).

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.