#12 vs #24

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      silentp

This weekend the K men travel to the southside of Chicago to take on the 24th ranked Chicago team (women are going too, but I don’t know much about that). This will be the first meet in nearly 2 months for Chicago! Could we see an upset? Look at their last meet,
      http://athletics.uchicago.edu/swresults0708/grinnell-lfc-111707.htm

Chicago and K matchup very well. Chicago has the edge in the freestyle while K is stronger in most stroke events. The fly looks to be very close based on how K has swam thus far the only guarantees being in the backs, where Chicago doesn’t seem to have a strong presence. Dekker will need to be back and a healthy Fonz would go a long way for this meet. It is also hard to say how Chicago will swim with such a long layoff from racing. Last time the teams met, it was an invite format and Chicago dominated, but the dual is more in K’s favor.

Vegas (or umm, me) has set the line of K by 20. Who ya got?

maverick1

my money is on kzoo, because i like kzoo more than uchicago.

if dekker swims the 200 fly, i predict 3 guys will be between 2:00 and 2:01

the distance events will hurt kzoo, just a tad since it looks like chicago may 1,2,3 them in both.

any kzoo team members should watch this to figure out how to get angry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTfzCBMDxyM

MR. T is one angry dude, for not real apparent reason (i’ve watched part 1 of the interview and can’t really figure out why he’s so pissed)…….

Monkey Boy

So now we need a reason to be pissed? Ok big brother.

SwexasTim

Well, I have nothing to base this on except silentp’s post, but I’m going with chicago and the spread. If I was betting the line I would bet K, but I’m going to go against the grain (I think thats what I’m supposed to do disagree with K right) and say K wins but Chicago covers.

silentp

@SwexasTim wrote:

Well, I have nothing to base this on except silentp’s post, but I’m going with chicago and the spread. If I was betting the line I would bet K, but I’m going to go against the grain (I think thats what I’m supposed to do disagree with K right) and say K wins but Chicago covers.

Interesting. I take K even with the points, but I’m biased in that. I’ll also be there so the silentp factor looms large.

Hope vs Olivet is 2 weeks before MIAAs, so I will handicap this one as well, just for fun.
      Olivet dominats diving.
      Hope dominates sprinting.
      Olivet dominates distance, unless Heyboer swims it, then it’s close.
      Olivet wins breasts.
      Hope wins flys.
      Hope wins backs, but if Heyboer goes D, this is a race.
      Hope should win both relays, maybe 1-2 the freelay.

Hope -35 (assuming no exhibition).

SwexasTim

I will probably get in a lot of trouble for this but, if the spread is Hope over Olivet by 35 I will take Olivet.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.