NEW RULE CHANGE???

Moderators: Negrodamus, Diesel471, ThePlowman, Archer

Onlylastplace
Team Affiliation: Albion

NEW RULE CHANGE???

Post by Onlylastplace » Mon May 11, 2020 2:07 pm

Hey guys, i've heard rumors about new rule changes for next year? Anybody know anything about that? Would love to get some posting going on about what MIAA(AA) will look like next year!

Unionsteels4
Team Affiliation: NA

Re: NEW RULE CHANGE???

Post by Unionsteels4 » Mon May 11, 2020 8:36 pm

From what I understand, new rules are as follows

1. Event Order- Friday will look a little different now. The 100 Fly is now before the 400 IM, and the 200 Medley will now be AFTER diving at night. In my mind, both of them are good. Allows more time between the rather common 100 back and 100 fly double and puts the 200 Medley relay in its rightful place as an exciting conclusion to the meet. Also, forces teams to stick around for diving which I think is a positive

2. MIAA alternate- Teams are allowed to put 1 "alternate" swimmer on their scoring roster when rosters are declared. The way I understand it, they are able to switch that alternate on until the beginning of the meet, allowing a little extra time in case of last second injury.

There may be others, but I would be interested to hear which team people think benefits most from these rules?

Big Papa
Team Affiliation: Kzoo

Re: NEW RULE CHANGE???

Post by Big Papa » Thu May 14, 2020 1:47 pm

I personally like this rule change a lot. The 100fly and 100back needed to be separate as that's probably the event that has the most crossover on that day.

I don't know if this will really benefit a specific team with the alternate. I think the amount of random sickness we've had in the last few years proves that a rule like this was needed. I would guess it benefits Calvin and Albion the most as they are the deepest, but I don't think it matters too much.
"Give your meet a good ol' rub"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2X7GCUhZJs

"heh heh yeah boi"