Meets for Halloween

Moderators: Diesel471, ThePlowman, bulldog, Flyinhigh

Flyinhigh
Team Affiliation: SUNY Cortland

Meets for Halloween

Post by Flyinhigh » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:12 am

Some meets coming up for Halloween:

Brockport will be hosting a home meet against Nazareth, will be a good chance to at least get a feel of the 8 man freshmen class of the guys, with some potential among them, though Nazareth will take the win.

Buffalo State will be going against Monroe Community College. Mergler should be fun to watch after his dominant performance last year on the SUNY Scene.

Fredonia will actually be on their 4th meet of the season already, travelling to swim against RIT. Some speed on both the Men's and Women's side, looking to see what Adam Clouthier, Sam Rokos, and Will Baker do as they are off to solid starts, plus great diving.

Geneseo hosts Canisius college for their first meet of the season. A good opportunity to see the freshmen class get underway. Jeff Doser and Kenny Athans are two to watch on the guys as always. Not sure about who is in their freshmen class since the roster still is not updated.

New Paltz will have two meets this weekend. First they will start off against Vassar College tonight. Without diving New Paltz will need some fast swims to beat Vassar who has been improving. Tomorrow they will have a tough matchup against Ramapo in NJ. Depth on both sides so it will be a fun meet.

Oswego will be heading into their 3rd meet of the season against Wells college. After beating oneonta on the men's and women's side I see a team on the rise in the conference. Too early to tell obviously, but I have them finishing 4th in the conference behind Geneseo, Cortland, and New Paltz on the men's side. A bold and possibly dumb prediction, but Oneonta and Fredonia lost a lot. Look for either Oswego or Brockport to step up by SUNY ACs.

Potsdam will swim off against Skidmore college. I believe they are still an all girls school so nothing on the guys side yet. A pair of Hailey's (spelled differently) acquired in the freshmen class. A couple of solid swimmers, but I do not see them making a grand showing at SUNY AC's at least on the women's side.

Any edits necessary please let me know or if you think I'm full of it feel free to call me out.