Speedo
67%
Jammer
33%

Total votes: 6

wingnut

Jammers or Speedos???

Post by wingnut » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:35 pm

So, by this point, I'm sure that everyone knows about the suit ban. What are your thoughts on all of this. I've included a poll, for the swimmers, as to whether you will wear a jammer or the speedo (brief) for competition now. Let me know what your thoughts are!

Pearl86

Re: Jammers or Speedos???

Post by Pearl86 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:24 pm

Real men wear speedos. I personally don't like how the jammer tends to sag in the butt after about 10 wears. Also for those with no buttocks, this may prove a problem. Go with the briefs.
----Edit 9/23/09----
But really for races, you're probably going to want to put on a jammer. Will they go back to Speedo's FS Pro? They are pretty thin, and don't retain much water, so that may be the best bet for both distance and sprinters as we make the "transition" again to textile suits.
"When you come to a fork in the road, look around for a knife and a spoon"

Dorian
Team Affiliation: IUSB

Re: Jammers or Speedos???

Post by Dorian » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:21 pm

I agree. I really enjoy my speedos, so I will cling to them till the bitter end! For me they just seem to fit better, and last longer without losing their elasticity. For me, I think I would have a hard time wearing anything else. I have a question while here. I was wondering what suggestions you guys might have for training. I would love to train at home, but I don't have a pool at the moment. I was thinking about checking out above ground pools indianapolis to see if it might be affordable for me to have a pool installed at home. This would make training very convenient for me. In the mean time, I would appreciate any suggestions that anyone may have for places that I can go to train. Thank you!