2020 PAC Championship

Moderators: Diesel471, ThePlowman, OutsideSmoker27

weedwacker2000

2020 PAC Championship

Post by weedwacker2000 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:01 am

Wow! After lots of discussion last year on the PAC forum, nothing so far (except this post). Maybe the conference has just run out of quality competition within itself and there's really nothing to discuss. Grove City has the most depth and should win both men and women's championships unless they have a meltdown. Bethany and W&J are pretty much non-competitive, likewise Chatham except for a few. Westminster seems a bit more depleted than in recent years. And I'm not sure where St. Vincent will end up. Anyone else have thoughts to add, or am I way off track?

weedwacker2000

Re: 2020 PAC Championship

Post by weedwacker2000 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:06 pm

Just having checked the psych sheet it looks like for the first time in the PAC meet both "A and "B" relays are to be scored. Yes/No??

Elroy Jetson

Post by Elroy Jetson » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:23 pm

I honestly thought this site might be down for good when the forums weren't working earlier in the year. I thought all the bots finally took it down. There was so much garbage I stopped checking it.

Anyway, looking at the way things turned out, I have a few thoughts:
1. Congratulations to Dassow, Marzolf, Baum, and May for once again dominating individually. I've looked at the national top times and it appears Marzolf might have a shot at going to NCAAs if she does a last chance meet. She doesn't need to drop much. Holding my breath that Baum finally gets in - I think he'sgot a great shot, but I thought Peffer was in last year too. With almost all of the women's meets over Dassow looks safe. I would be shocked if May didn't get invited. Hopefully a teammate or two will do well enough at regionals to get invited also.
2. scoring A and B relays is a good add. I think it's great that more athletes get to do relays, I always thought that was the most fun part of swimming. The only negatives I see are that an A relay DQ is a lot more devastating, but A & B conceivably means the relays don't impact the final scores much if the A and B order aren't the same.
3. Grove City really dominated, but I'm chalking that up to more of the conference being really down. Winning times were slower across the board and teams are a lot smaller than they used to be. One of the things that stuck out to me was that it looked like Dunlany from Westminster coasted to two victories. He was a lot faster in the past but had absolutely no one to challenge him in the 500 or mile. Hopefully some of these other teams grow and start to push each other. I really think that's why Grove City and Westminster were so fast 5-10 years ago, they both had to step up. I can't remember 8th place times ever being so slow. Some of the women would have finished in the top 8 of men's events, and that's not including Dassow.
4. I almost forgot - Grove City women won without divers?!? This brings up two questions - where did their divers go and how did Westminster's women go from winning the title to losing by so much while taking 135 points in diving? I didn't think they graduated that much last year

I hope this forum is truly fixed and we can start getting a little more conversation generated!

ThePlowman
Team Affiliation: Kalamazoo

Post by ThePlowman » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:41 pm

Nothing to say pertaining to the meet as my home conference is the MIAA but my apologies for the spotty service. We are hard at work trying to keep things in better shape moving forward! Happy to see more activity again on the boards!
"I'd plow that."