SCIAC 2011

Moderators: Diesel471, ThePlowman

sagehen1
Team Affiliation: Pomona

SCIAC 2011

Post by sagehen1 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:19 pm

In case anyone else is interested...not sure there's anyone else here from the conference.

This should be a very close meet on the guys' side...CMS won by about 200 last year but lost quite a few freestylers from last year and Redlands has a lot more depth than last year. Redlands looks like they'll be favored from the psych sheet, but they also rested the most people in December. For the women, CMS should dominate as usual.
Attachments
2011 sciac psych sheets ver1.pdf
(121.89 KiB) Downloaded 294 times

openwater

Re: SCIAC 2011

Post by openwater » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:21 pm

OK - wtf?
Scroll to the bottom of the afternoon session of results for the guys 1650. John Roche has a DQ instead of a time at the 1600 slot even though he has what looks like a finishing kick split. Does this mean that he actually climbed out of the pool 50 yards short of a pretty good afternoon swim?? Or maybe he stopped and walked on the bottom (about the only thing you can't do in the freestyle) away from the wall to see his time - again 50 yards short? Did his counter get f'ed up and give him the double red early?

John Feinstein wrote a golf book once entitled "A Good Walk Ruined" (or something like that) - this swim made me flash back to this book...
Once a competitive swimmer, you can become anything.

sagehen1
Team Affiliation: Pomona

Re: SCIAC 2011

Post by sagehen1 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:30 pm

Openwater- I have no idea, really. Wasn't around for that, but i'd guess that it was a miscount by his counter, which I think is a DQ.

CMS showed up big at SCIACs, both men and women. Oxy's girls were also really impressive, as were Whittier's, neither of whom had really made a dent in the past but are sending a girl a piece to nationals. For the rest of the teams, it was a mixed bag. A few swimmers that made nats last year seemed a bit off at conference, and some didn't get through this year. It'll be interesting to see how the rest do.