It's official...

Moderators: Diesel471, ThePlowman

Dorsch

It's official...

Post by Dorsch » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:41 pm

So OACs will be scored only top 6 in 2006. Not the smartest decision they could have made seeing the numbers in the conference, but let's just see what other things they can do that make even less sense... I am sure there is plenty in the works...

OutsideSmoker27
Team Affiliation: Grove City

Post by OutsideSmoker27 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:27 pm

This just in. The OAC has petitioned Cedar Point to stage the 2007 conference swimming and diving championships on its grounds. Ice will be cleared and lane lines set up in Lake Erie for the competition. Interested spectators will watch from the shore for free, or for only $45 (price still under negotiation) they will get to watch the meet from a specially constructed train parked halfway up the Millennium Force lifthill. The station house will be used for the ready room. The conference believes that ticket sales for the unique roller-coaster view will pay for rental of the park and allow the conference to turn a small profit on the event. More details to come.
Families share the bond of blood; teams share the bond of toil, tears, and sweat. Both share the bond of the heart.

Dorsch

Post by Dorsch » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:52 pm

Cedar Point is actually just a rumor, but I also heard that the meet could be held in the Dead Sea. However, fastskins, FS IIs, and other such fast suits will be prohibited on account of the added bouyancy of the high salt content of the Dead Sea. All participants will be required to wear sumo suits instead and will be forced to try and walk on the water instead of actually swimming. And here is the kicker...all participants must be foreign born or they will not be allowed to compete. And of course, since the meet will be held abroad, the metric system will be used and the race will take place in a 28 meter course. (Does this favor Wilmington even though they have fewer numbers because it is in meters and so is their pool? That might be a bit unfair, they'll have to have some more meetings about that one)

Anywho, this may just be a rumor as well, but it's just what I heard...

Troy Polamalu

Post by Troy Polamalu » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:43 pm

I forget, was it the Nile River or the Amazon that they are trying to get for the 2007-2008 championship meet??

I know that they were concerned about the Crocs for the Nile and the pirhanas for the Amazon River... I didnt' know if they had made a decision about it yet.

shirtandtie

Post by shirtandtie » Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:06 pm

Troy –

Great game last weekend, way to make it to the super bowl. Maybe we can decide how many people swim OAC’s based on the number of tackles you have in the super bowl, or one swimmer for every inch of hair you have. Just a idea.

Water Covers 70% of the earth, the other 30 % is cover by Troy Polamalu

Troy Polamalu

Post by Troy Polamalu » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:27 pm

Well, thanks shirt and tie, but i really don't want to brag or anything... im just glad that the team won. really, i mean what more could you want than to go to the Super Bowl (more than 6 people scoring at OAC's)... really the head coach has put together a great team this year.... A full roster in all the fields if u know what im saying... A well rounded team.... but hey, the commissioners hopefully will call a fair game of sorts, which they hopefully will.... other than that i have nothing else to say here, i hope that the ONU swim team and others like it, develop the style of play in the water that i exhibit on the land....

Peace

Dorsch

Post by Dorsch » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:01 am

TP-

Here are a few guidelines for playing in the D.

1. Don't make the fans mad with a bad play because even if you are playing great, they will boo you and taunt you (it doesn't matter if the fans are from the D or not, the city turns everyone this way)

2. Don't walk alone outside (I mean we have been in the top 5 in the most murders the past who knows how many years, taking home quite a few titles ourselves)

3. The curse of Lions football will befall your whole team once you step foot on the field (good thing this will be the final game for the Bus)

4. Win it for the Bus so he can go out in style at his homecoming. No matter what, he will be the homecoming king, but you dance with him after the game if that would make you feel special.

These were just a few things to keep in mind as you come to the D. It can be a rough place, but it is home. I'll leave you a quote from Tina Fey on SNL (at least I think she said it): "The next season of MTVs the Real World will be shot in Detroit along with all of the cast members" or something like that...

Go Red Wings, Go Pistons, Go 7th place person in each event at OACs!

shirtandtie

Post by shirtandtie » Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:52 pm

Polamalu injures ankle in practice, listed as probable. I know people who know people, look for more news tomorrow morning

The Treat
Team Affiliation: Washington University in St. Louis

Post by The Treat » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:32 pm

shirtandtie wrote:Polamalu injures ankle in practice, listed as probable. I know people who know people, look for more news tomorrow morning
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs0 ... id=2317103

do you know espn?
Jim Halpert: One day Michael came in, complaining about a speed bump, on the highway... I wonder who he ran over then.