MIAA at NCAA

Moderators: Negrodamus, Diesel471, ThePlowman, Archer

Archer

MIAA at NCAA

Post by Archer » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:58 am

Whose bubble popped after another week of conference meets? who's still looking good?

albion's 4 free is hanging in there at 14th and their 8 free is 16th

calvin's 2 med is only 0.3 seconds behind 14th, unfortunately that puts them in 21st...also their 4 medley got bumped to 17th

cochran is sitting at 8th and holstege is in 17th in the 1 breast. The top times lists are loading unbelievably slowly and i don't have the patience to wait for any other individual events. Any other individuals close?

Any more good teams yet to come?

openwater

Re: MIAA at NCAA

Post by openwater » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:44 am

Archer wrote:Whose bubble popped after another week of conference meets? who's still looking good?

albion's 4 free is hanging in there at 14th and their 8 free is 16th

calvin's 2 med is only 0.3 seconds behind 14th, unfortunately that puts them in 21st...also their 4 medley got bumped to 17th

cochran is sitting at 8th and holstege is in 17th in the 1 breast. The top times lists are loading unbelievably slowly and i don't have the patience to wait for any other individual events. Any other individuals close?

Any more good teams yet to come?
[1] As of this morning the MIAC and the SCIAC have yet to submit their meet results, those are going to stir things up a lot, 2-3 relays in general will be slotted in the top 16.
[2] Can never figure out the 800FR easily because all kinds of aggregate times need to get in, I don't think this is automatically done by the data base adding up the best 200s.
[3] The "last chance" meets from the weekend seem to be in the database.
Once a competitive swimmer, you can become anything.

wiswimdad
Team Affiliation: Everyone

Post by wiswimdad » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:57 am

By my analysis (including the MIAC & SCIAC results that haven't posted to collegeswimming.com):

200 MR Calvin in 23rd, KZoo in 30th.
400 MR Calvin in 12th (with the time trial time that hasn't posted to collegeswimming.com for some reason).
200 FR No one close to 16th.
400 FR Albion at 15th.

wiswimdad

Post by wiswimdad » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:02 pm

BTW, surprisingly the MIACs didn't figure into any of the changes (not sure on 800s though). C-M-S (all?) and Pomona-Pitzer (200 MR) were the difference.

openwater

Post by openwater » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:14 pm

The USA swimming database which is the official one that schools have to submit to is up to date with all the weekend meets although I am still not sure how the aggregates get done.

The women's relays were affected by the MIAC in particular, St. Thomas and Gustavus are in the top 16 in 3-4 of the 5 relays.

And Kzoo women are 13th in the 2MR.
Once a competitive swimmer, you can become anything.

wiswimdad

Post by wiswimdad » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:15 pm

My response was Men's only...should have mentioned that.

wiswimdad

Post by wiswimdad » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:24 pm

openwater wrote:The USA swimming database which is the official one that schools have to submit to is up to date with all the weekend meets although I am still not sure how the aggregates get done.

The women's relays were affected by the MIAC in particular, St. Thomas and Gustavus are in the top 16 in 3-4 of the 5 relays.

And Kzoo women are 13th in the 2MR.
While I understand the USA Swimming database is official. The collegeswimming.com rankings agree with mine except for the addition of the SCIAC teams. These don't include any aggregates. I compiled my results independently from conference results, I didn't just use the collegeswimming.com numbers.

Archer

Post by Archer » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:48 pm

awesome, thanks!
hopefully albion can dodge enough bullets to sneak in there!

Flyinhigh
Team Affiliation: SUNY Cortland

Post by Flyinhigh » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:47 pm

Here are the top 50 Results for all the relays and individuals official from USAswimming for the men. Looks like Albion and Calvin will representing. Congratulations to MIAA!
Attachments
Relays.PDF
(63.46 KiB) Downloaded 170 times
NCAA Men's Top Times.PDF
(93.32 KiB) Downloaded 179 times

wiswimdad

Post by wiswimdad » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:50 pm

Flyinhigh wrote:Here are the top 50 Results for all the relays and individuals official from USAswimming for the men. Looks like Albion and Calvin will representing. Congratulations to MIAA!
When is it reasonable to expect the official one with the cut lines? I assume 20 is the first approximation of the cut line, but last year it was 19-21. Thanks for posting.

mdswimparent
Team Affiliation: Johns Hopkins

Post by mdswimparent » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:24 pm

the official invite list will be posted at 10:00 am tomorrow.

WilliamWallace
Team Affiliation: Calvin

Post by WilliamWallace » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:35 am

They took top 16 in the individuals this year. Holstege (19th) was super unlucky, but it makes him one of the first 55 Breast to NOT qualify for NCAAs. Meindertsma squeaked in at 16th, but he has gotten screwed in the past and deserves to go. Worth noting, the top 16 in the 400 Med are all 3:20's this year. Three years ago a 3:24 went, two years ago 3:22, last year 3:21(high). Will next year be a 19?? Calvin's 400 Medley that they swam in the meet would have missed the mark, so as annoying as it was that they time trialed everything, they had a pretty good reason to do so. Any school that gets to NCAAs from the MIAA is alright by me.
Soldier: "You're not William Wallace! William Wallace is seven feet tall!"
Wallace: "Yes, I’ve heard, and if he were here today, he’d consume the English with fireballs from his eyes, and lighting bolts from his arse."

spobrocy1
Team Affiliation: N/A

Post by spobrocy1 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:48 pm

WilliamWallace wrote:Meindertsma squeaked in at 16th, but he has gotten screwed in the past and deserves to go.
Congrats to him for making the meet - not an easy task making nats nowadays. How has he gotten screwed over in the past though? Either your time is fast enough to make it, or it's not. Besides, last year the NCAA invited more athletes than they did this year. If you "deserve" to go to NCAA's...you'll be invited...because your time will be fast enough. Seems pretty black and white to me. Just my opinion though.

Thor21
Team Affiliation: Asgard

Post by Thor21 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:47 am

WilliamWallace wrote:Calvin's 400 Medley that they swam in the meet would have missed the mark, so as annoying as it was that they time trialed everything, they had a pretty good reason to do so.
Nah not buying it. It is obnoxious to time trial so many events (not just the 4med).You get a chance to make get your best time in the race and that's it. Yes, I'm still sour about this weeks later.
You ancestors called it magic...but you call it science. I come from a land where they are one and the same.

Glitchman
Team Affiliation: MIAA

Post by Glitchman » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:57 pm

If you have a chance to do it better, take it. Also, people do time trials for fun in events they didn't have on their schedule as well. The only time trial I have no idea why they threw was a damn 800FR before awards and everyone wanting to go home, THAT made no sense. Otherwise, the others made total sense:
-Calvin got their 400 medley in for certain
-Stoughton got to fall short of 49.99 fly again
-Other people got to race teammates or try events they didn't get to swim/effed up on in the meet

Taper only comes once in a while.