Swine Flu at Hope.....

Moderators: Negrodamus, Diesel471, ThePlowman, Archer

Sgt. Johnson

Swine Flu at Hope.....

Post by Sgt. Johnson » Fri May 01, 2009 6:03 pm

Good news for Kalamazoo?????

http://www.hollandsentinel.com/news/x15 ... awa-County

....or another devious Dutch plot to infect the rest of the MIAA with a disease against which they have immunity?
But this one goes to 11!

Salad Fingers
Team Affiliation: KZoo

Re: Swine Flu at Hope.....

Post by Salad Fingers » Fri May 01, 2009 11:42 pm

I just think it's their lack of immune system...remember that flu virus earlier this year in which their entire team got sick?
Don't be afraid of losing. Be terrified of being forgotten.

El Duderino
Team Affiliation: Kalamazoo

Post by El Duderino » Sat May 02, 2009 12:26 pm

Please call it by its proper name, H1N1 influenza. We don't want any more people to get confused, freak out, and slaughter hundreds of thousands of pigs (again).
Alcoholism is a disease, but its the only disease you can be yelled at for having. "Damn it Otto, you're an alcoholic!" "Damn it Otto, you have lupus!" One of these does not work.

Duck

Post by Duck » Mon May 04, 2009 10:50 am

What we should be asking is, "Why is God punishing the Dutch?" Is it mere coincidence an assassination attempt was made recently on Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Máxima? Finally, we have to wonder, "Just why is it the Dutch are ignoring God's warnings?"

I would steer well clear of Holland, Michigan, for the foreseeable future.
My barber is none other than Sigismond Henry PhD. Not only does he have vast knowledge of the finer points of hair sculpture, he still finds time to keep me well-informed about current affairs.
2008 Fantasy Nationals Champion, of Champions

Derek
Executive Team
Team Affiliation: Kalamazoo College

Post by Derek » Mon May 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Not to burst the Dutch bubble, but if a "probable" case is simply classified as Influenza A, isn't that just the regular flu? So what we should be asking is, "Why is Hope College pretending that they have Swine Flu when there is no real indication that any of these students are at risk?" They have Influenza A, a common strain of the flu that is found on most college campuses. Notice the article says that they haven't traveled to Mexico, the single case in Ottawa County that has been confirmed is not linked to Hope College, and the symptoms these students are showing are mild and just like the common seasonal flu.

Are they trying to keep K students away from the west side of the state and Lake Michigan? Are they trying to hurt tourism in west Michigan?

Martha

Post by Martha » Wed May 06, 2009 7:04 pm

Derek wrote:Are they trying to hurt tourism in west Michigan?
Your broccoli zone hurts tourism more than our inability to differentiate the flu:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/O/ ... TE=DEFAULT

So, let me get this straight.. some residents have been inhaling ammonia and hydrogen sulfide (and whatever other shit that paper plant is dumping in there) for over a year? Just a minor oversight in public health.