MIAA 2020 Predictions

Moderators: Negrodamus, Diesel471, ThePlowman, Archer

The Russian Jester
Team Affiliation: Bullocks Univeristy

Re: MIAA 2020 Predictions

Post by The Russian Jester » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:44 pm

I forgot Dan Clyde even was in the conference, thought he might have hurt his other arm jacking off the boys at Hope when they wrestle the nights away. And can we talk about the fact that Arthenaal even mentioned Groins? Probably will strain himself too hard trying to stay ahead of the spider monkey himself, Chris Breen, in the mile and losing to even be in contention with short boy himself, Nate Cobb in the 2 Fly. Dobro has shown some speed this year but, apparently has shown fashion style. Wearing large suits for his balls to show the world and then rumor has it, wearing a cowboy suit in the latter part of the season? Is this his way of saying the sheriff is back, or will he be shot back down to retirement?

spiderpig007
Team Affiliation: MIAA

Post by spiderpig007 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:33 pm

[/quote]
Nate Cobb, is that you? Unless Cobb gains 4-6 inches in height (and the pants), ain't no way he'll have the balls to take down the other big dogs listed. Which leads me to my next point of interest: I see that the defending conference champ wasn't even mentioned? In season, he may be slower than a turtle taking a dump but he definitely surprised everyone there in 2019. Not gonna say he's a favorite to win, but he at least deserved being mentioned.
[/quote]

You can call out someone's swimming, but stay away from his manhood.

Up for discussion: how will home pool advantage affect the Knights this year?

The Russian Jester
Team Affiliation: Bullocks Univeristy

Post by The Russian Jester » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:21 pm

I have a few questions. I saw several of the men of Albion sitting out part of the first half of the season. I don’t know what the cause but by Jolly if a championship team gives into the idea of not giving their all, they will regret the Anger that will pressed upon them. Not including Andrew Jonna, that man’s arm in his cast looked like a limp noodle after having been boiled. Meanwhile, I heard vague rumors that Calvin decided not to lift this year? I don’t know if this is because their version of Maui from Moana decided he would never be caught doing freestyle in the 200 Fly again so he dipped, or if they prefer to keep their swimmers as bean poles, looking starved to the point that I’m concerned their food stamps aren’t getting them enough at their local food bank. Hope, another new coach and by Jolly seems like he might be doing the work that Taber elected to leave Albion for. Granted how many kids does Taber have? They also do seem to have taken a play from Gelderloos’s play book. A lot of in season speed for some freshman with some huge smack talk coming through. Keep up the talk but let’s see you do the walk. Don’t know how the Down-Under swimmer will fare now that he is right side up. Meanwhile Kzoo, back in black with a score to settle. No pool but ahead of schedule.

Onlylastplace
Team Affiliation: Albion

Post by Onlylastplace » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:01 pm

The Russian Jester wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:50 pm
Hope- Enters with a new coach every year. Continue that tradition, won’t get old any time soon.

Bro I dont know if you've been living under a rock for the last 40 years but if you have gone through elementary education and completed basic math you would know that Hope has has literally 2 coaches ever... Dont make me laugh. :lol:
Last edited by Onlylastplace on Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bailey Smith
Team Affiliation: Hope College

Post by Bailey Smith » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:27 pm

The Russian Jester wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:21 pm
They also do seem to have taken a play from Gelderloos’s play book. A lot of in season speed for some freshman with some huge smack talk coming through. Keep up the talk but let’s see you do the walk. Don’t know how the Down-Under swimmer will fare now that he is right side up.
I think the Aussie will be just fine ahah, as far as comparing Hope to Calvin and in season speed I think that’s definitely a stretch. Guess we will just have to see in 2 long weeks!

ReRisen_Iron_Danny_G
Team Affiliation: Calvin College

Post by ReRisen_Iron_Danny_G » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:06 pm

Wow. Another year has flown by and as the years seem to become shorter and shorter, so does come, a forgetful mind. Passwords to all of my accounts continue to fall out of my brain left and right. As much as I would love to repost on my original Iron_Danny_G account, I felt that it was time for a new chapter as our program lost one of the most coveted swimmers to graduation, Ben Holstege. The silver-lining comes, however, with the many glorious years left with the younger boys, Sam and Noah.

It has come to a sad day, however, as it appears many of my fellow coaches are not logging on as often. The playful banter with @SteakobTaber has seemed to subside as the stretching poles have been thrown out for our new and improved TRX bands and pullup bars.

Now, I know all of the *millennials* on this forum board were devastated when they mysteriously seemed to have crashed earlier this year. Thanks to the help of the Gen Z freshmen, I am once again able to waste away my days reading the current MIAA news and stories of the day. Because of this, I seem to have noticed a large number of posts speculating on our lifting program, or lack thereof, this season. I can assure you that there is absolutely no need to panic. As a graduating gift, Jacob Lensing left plenty of muscle for the program to use over the next few years. I may have just forgotten the key code to the weight room though.

This year marks just one more absolutely splendid opportunity to congregate together as one conference. We are so grateful and honored to host the meet, once again, at the most beautiful natatorium in the conference, maybe in all of D3, as the 4x100 freestyle relay from the 2008 Beijing Olympics plays on repeat for every session on our state of the art, jumbotron. Just one of the many great things about Calvin University. We have been looking forward to wearing our pre-made championship shirts that were custom ordered immediately following the 2019 championships.

Before this turns into a full fledged recruiting pitch, I wish you all the best of luck this championship season. Godspeed. Ryan, if you’re reading this, it’s past your bedtime.
God Bless the Holstege brothers!

Iron_Danny_G
Team Affiliation: Cal Berkeley

Post by Iron_Danny_G » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:34 pm

ReRisen_Iron_Danny_G wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:06 pm
Wow. Another year has flown by and as the years seem to become shorter and shorter, so does come, a forgetful mind. Passwords to all of my accounts continue to fall out of my brain left and right. As much as I would love to repost on my original Iron_Danny_G account, I felt that it was time for a new chapter as our program lost one of the most coveted swimmers to graduation, Ben Holstege.
imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

God bless the Holstege brothers!
-Big D

OfficalDan
Team Affiliation: Calvin

Post by OfficalDan » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:39 am

There are imposters on this board
Last edited by OfficalDan on Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Hey bring my sword back"

OfficalDan
Team Affiliation: Calvin

Post by OfficalDan » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:42 am

Iron_Danny_G wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:34 pm
ReRisen_Iron_Danny_G wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:06 pm
Wow. Another year has flown by and as the years seem to become shorter and shorter, so does come, a forgetful mind. Passwords to all of my accounts continue to fall out of my brain left and right. As much as I would love to repost on my original Iron_Danny_G account, I felt that it was time for a new chapter as our program lost one of the most coveted swimmers to graduation, Ben Holstege.
imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Only one of us is the Offical Dan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb5DITStXlI
"Hey bring my sword back"

JasonInteger
Team Affiliation: Alma

Post by JasonInteger » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:20 pm

All these Dan accounts
Attachments
7E7CBE2B-10A5-46A8-8241-2B04866CBEC2.jpeg
7E7CBE2B-10A5-46A8-8241-2B04866CBEC2.jpeg (130.57 KiB) Viewed 512 times

Unionsteels4
Team Affiliation: NA

Post by Unionsteels4 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:54 pm

Anyone got a psych sheet?

Crash Bandicoot
Team Affiliation: Hope

Post by Crash Bandicoot » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:19 pm

Ahhh, good to be back

The League Meet - a week of missing classes, razor burn filled thighs, and a well deserved end of the season celebration right around the corner (unless you go to Calvin "uNiVeRsItY" and will go back to the dorms to play some connect-4 and checkers till the RA confiscates the 2-liter of mountain dew code red hidden under bed)

Anyways, I have yet to see a post mentioning the new scoring factor being introduced to this year's meet. There will be no prelim morning relays...

* Please allow a moment of silence for Calvin not being able to wow us with a 400 Medley K-Relay, because ya never know if that combination will work for Nats *

At final sessions, there will be a B-Heat of relays and an A-Heat of relays. A-Heat will have the same scoring as years past, but the B-Heat will be scored from 9th - 14th (six team conference). Points for the B-Heat of relays are simply the the same as an individual B-heat, just doubled.
Note: Even though Calvin has deep potential of C-relay's and D-relay's beating other teams A-relay's... tough sh*t because it's not allowed

B-Relay Scoring
9th - 18
10th - 14
11th - 12
12th - 10
13th - 8
14th - 6

I see this barely having an effect on the men's side as the B-heat should be a reflection of the A-heat, so all teams are scaled the same ratio of points. HOWEVER, on the women's side, things could get juicy. I fancy all of the Calvin Ladies A and B FREE relays to take 1st and 9th, respectively. But the Dutch girls will give Calvin A and B medley's a run for their money.

How much coaching and strategy can be used here? Do you take the risk of switching A and B swimmers to ensure B-relay win? But will you still be able to pull off the A-relay win? Will coaches get confused and put an ex-team swimmer on a B-relay and result in DQ... too soon?? Do Olivet and Alma have enough swimmers to fill B-relays, I sincerely hope so.

I think this addition will help the Hope girls steal some small points to make the women's meet even tighter. Taber has probably ran every possible scenario through his Excel spreadsheet 'swimulator' (patent pending). Overall, I love this addition of B-relays scoring to give swimmers that aren't the 4 studs a time to shine or fail miserably.

Excited to renew my MeetMobile subscription and see some MIAA-ction swimming and diving

Scar
Team Affiliation: Hope

Post by Scar » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:43 am

Unionsteels4 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:54 pm
Anyone got a psych sheet?
Attachments
2020_MIAA_Championships_-_Updated_Psych_Sheet-min.pdf
(156.05 KiB) Downloaded 69 times

JakeLensingIsSmall
Team Affiliation: Calvin University

Post by JakeLensingIsSmall » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:00 am

For some reason people are responding who apparently know nothing about Calvin. Be my guest, place Calvin as second. We quietly chuckle at this preposterous assumption of what can only be explained as the greatest swim team to ever exist. America loves an underdog, and we can only assume that Venezuela does as well. Just know, when the smoke clears between Calvin and the only other team capable of beating them...Calvin, I will be be sipping my hot chocolate unsurprised with a cocky little smirk. The same cocky little smirk that the Holstege’s have ever time they beat pepperoni man. (we all know who that is, I mean come on.)

Uptake
Team Affiliation: Calvin College

Post by Uptake » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:05 am

Did anyone run the psych sheet through a scoring predictor yet? What is the early prediction!?