2013 Conference Championships

Moderators: Diesel471, ThePlowman

swimmom17
Team Affiliation: mcdaniel

2013 Conference Championships

Post by swimmom17 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:21 pm

Getting excited for the meet this weekend - looks like there could be some really fast swims. Anyone have any thoughts on the meet? How many NCAA cuts will there be? Not sure exactly how the NCAA selection process works but it looks as though there have been a lot of fantastic times at other D3 Conference meets so it will interesting to see what times are needed to get invited to Nationals this year.

pbrfriday
Team Affiliation: Gettysburg College

Re: 2013 Conference Championships

Post by pbrfriday » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:43 am

Yeah should be a great meet all around. Team wise looks like the girls meet is going to be really exciting. Gburg managed to win last year without winning a single event, we'll see if they can defend against F&M and Ursinus. On the men's side I think we're going to have some stellar individual swims. For "A" cuts I'm looking at Adams, Harmon, and Brooks (Leyens and Potter possibly), along with the Gburg free relays (medleys are missing a solid breastroker). For the gal's Davis and Grant are biggest chances for an A cut individually (Maybe a B for Lair-Ferrari), I haven't looked at the relays though. This is just from glancing at the conference but looking forward to this weekend as well.
I'm also pretty ignorant to how the NCAA selection goes and supopsedly it changed this year to complicate things further, but from what I hear B cuts, even fast ones, are going to have a tough time getting selected. So far conferences have been really performing well (NEWACCs and the NESCAC women were very fast meets and the NESCAC men are up this weekend). But then again, I don't know how it works.

swimguy
Team Affiliation: Ursinus

Post by swimguy » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:52 pm

On the women's side, it is very possible that Ursinus could win it all. Gettysburg will have to get individual wins this time around, for sure. On the men's side, Dickinson's medley relays are crazy fast this year, even with an okay freestyler. F and M will most likely take an uncharacteristic fifth place, much like swat last year. Washington could 1 2 the 200 breast as well. Can't wait.

[ Post made via iPad ]

swimmom17
Team Affiliation: mcdaniel

Post by swimmom17 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:50 pm

Great first session - kids were swimming really well. Already meet and Conference records broken - finals tonight should be intense! Could see some NCAA "A" cuts in finals tonight.