Williams versus Amherst Dual Meet 2019

Moderators: polarbear, imJumbo

Re: Williams versus Amherst Dual Meet 2019

Postby Borg » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:28 am

GoNats wrote: it's my first post of the year!

Admit it, it took you 9 days to data mine, review meet videos, deconstruct interviews, set up your white board, and then craft your magnum opus tribute: Hail Williams
:)
I added fireworks and John Philip Sousa music to the background when I read your piece the second time
:)
Old Eph will need to step up his Williams message board game to compete at such an advanced level
Borg

Postby swimdad » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:07 pm

Or, @Borg, just refer to the NESCAC Men’s times for this season and look at the names at the top (especially stripping out the suited/tapered meets). Takes far less time and similarly accurate. Well done @GoNats.

[ Post made via iPad ]
swimdad

Postby imJumbo » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:57 pm

swimdad wrote:Or, @Borg, just refer to the NESCAC Men’s times for this season and look at the names at the top (especially stripping out the suited/tapered meets). Takes far less time and similarly accurate. Well done @GoNats.

[ Post made via iPad ]

:roll:
imJumbo

Postby Borg » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:05 pm

swimdad wrote:Or, @Borg, just refer to the NESCAC Men’s times for this season and look at the names at the top (especially stripping out the suited/tapered meets). Takes far less time and similarly accurate. Well done @GoNats.

[ Post made via iPad ]

What fun would that be? Lap times without dramatic superlatives attached is so...Amherst, or Tufts, or Conn :)

who leads by example
dangerous as always
will make a hard charge
who has trimmed down a bit
is looking very fast
find his speed
is a taper swimmer
has among the best looking back and freestyle strokes
ran with the front of the pack for much of the race
He will go out swinging this year
both look strong
is realizing some of his tremendous promise
continues to grow as a swimmer
rookie sensation
is still feeling his way
a hard charger in practice
Last edited by Borg on Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Borg

Postby swimdad » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:09 pm

@borg that is absolutely priceless. You made my day!!!
@imjumbo, I like the “all knowing” emoji. Surely acknowledging the 16+ second adds for Tufts post the MIT invite!!

[ Post made via iPad ]
swimdad

Postby fatrabbit » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:47 pm

This back-and-forth encouraged me to upgrade from a 'guest' (aka forum parasite) to a registered user. Having followed this forum for several years, I love all of the insider reviews of each team's performance and potential. They certainly tend to be partisan, but honestly so in ways that are charmingly supportive of each team's swimmers.

Way to go, GoNats. Loved the post. I was at that meet myself and you are right: it was electric from the first relay, and the excitement that built to the finishing relay exemplified the very best of NESCAC swimming.

Congratulations to the Amherst men for their win, and to all of the individual swimmers who battled it out in the pool that day (we know that you read this too!).
fatrabbit

Postby GoNats » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:19 pm

fatrabbit wrote:This back-and-forth encouraged me to upgrade from a 'guest' (aka forum parasite) to a registered user. Having followed this forum for several years, I love all of the insider reviews of each team's performance and potential. They certainly tend to be partisan, but honestly so in ways that are charmingly supportive of each team's swimmers.

Way to go, GoNats. Loved the post. I was at that meet myself and you are right: it was electric from the first relay, and the excitement that built to the finishing relay exemplified the very best of NESCAC swimming.

Congratulations to the Amherst men for their win, and to all of the individual swimmers who battled it out in the pool that day (we know that you read this too!).

Thanks for jumping in, fatrabbit. You've got great timing. I'm taking a beating here! :-)

Borg, I can dumb it down for you -- fewer of them fancy super-la-tives. Maybe throw in a few typos. You an Amhurst guy? Or one of them Bodin fellers?
GoNats

Postby EphFan123 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:13 pm

Edit: whoops posted in the wrong topic
EphFan123

Previous

Return to New England Small College Athletic Conference