Class of 2023

Moderators: Diesel471, ThePlowman, polarbear, imJumbo

Class of 2023

Postby purpleandwhite » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:49 am

Williams: Amanda Wager 1:04/2:17/2:08 100/200 br 200 IM

And on another note

Cole Kuster commits to Harvard. He should do well in a competitive distance program and as he fills out his frame.
purpleandwhite
 
Posts: 549
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:29 pm

Re: Class of 2023

Postby EphFan123 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:04 pm

Heard Williams finally got some divers.
EphFan123
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:48 pm

Re: Class of 2023

Postby purpleandwhite » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:38 am

EphFan123 wrote:Heard Williams finally got some divers.


Probably a difference maker in the dual meet in Williamstown versus you know who.
purpleandwhite
 
Posts: 549
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:29 pm

Re: Class of 2023

Postby EphFan123 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:24 pm

purpleandwhite wrote:
EphFan123 wrote:Heard Williams finally got some divers.


Probably a difference maker in the dual meet in Williamstown versus you know who.


The difference in more-or-less every dual meet that they lost. Diving killed them last year.
EphFan123
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:48 pm

Re: Class of 2023

Postby nescac496 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:45 pm

Any rumors out there about recruiting on the men's side?
nescac496
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:40 pm

Re: Class of 2023

Postby imJumbo » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:30 pm

Too early. ED1 deadline hasn't even crossed yet for most places. And there is no sure thing until the acceptance is in. Unless someone spills the beans on Collegeswimming by themselves, nothing will be "official" until at least mid December.
imJumbo
Moderator
 
Posts: 518
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:14 am

Re: Class of 2023

Postby polarbear » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:45 am

imJumbo wrote:Too early. ED1 deadline hasn't even crossed yet for most places. And there is no sure thing until the acceptance is in. Unless someone spills the beans on Collegeswimming by themselves, nothing will be "official" until at least mid December.


I would respectfully disagree. The teams that play by the rules (i.e. aren't given unlimited A bands) have a certain number of slots and they generally tie them up in ED. So they already know what the majority of their class will look like and even had a pretty good idea of their sales funnel starting in August. From there it goes into tiers -- some schools at the top will determine how to divvy up their slots with the swimmers that are the best fit for them academically, athletically, socially, etc. Some schools will wait for Ivy league ED rejects but thats risky. Others play the "you're not getting in there so you might as well apply here early" game.

Anyways, I digress. In order to get pre-reads and the administrative hurdles before November 15 you need to be talking to the kids at last a few weeks ago. There may be some scrambling -- one Ivy League school is notorious for swooping in the day before the deadline and offering slots to kids who havent even visited -- but coaches generally have a pretty good idea at this point.
polarbear
Moderator
 
Posts: 995
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:42 pm

Re: Class of 2023

Postby EphFan123 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:31 pm

First Recruit posting coming in:
Tufts
Sebastian Cai - 51.5/1:53 Fly (2:07 LC)

Williams
Maddie Annis-1:09/2:26 Breast
Amanda Wagner- 1:04.4/2:17.4 Breast, 4:33 4IM
Ev Nichol- 21.8/47.5/1:42/4:42 Free, 24.4/52.2 Back, 51.4/1:54 Fly (58.1/2:07 LC)
Jacob Grover- 56.3/2:03 Breast (2:24.0 LC), 1:54 200 IM
EphFan123
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:48 pm

Re: Class of 2023

Postby polarbear » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:20 am

EphFan123 wrote:First Recruit posting coming in:
Tufts
Sebastian Cai - 51.5/1:53 Fly (2:07 LC)

Williams
Maddie Annis-1:09/2:26 Breast
Amanda Wagner- 1:04.4/2:17.4 Breast, 4:33 4IM
Ev Nichol- 21.8/47.5/1:42/4:42 Free, 24.4/52.2 Back, 51.4/1:54 Fly (58.1/2:07 LC)
Jacob Grover- 56.3/2:03 Breast (2:24.0 LC), 1:54 200 IM


Where did you find these commitments?
polarbear
Moderator
 
Posts: 995
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:42 pm

Re: Class of 2023

Postby polarbear » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:21 am

polarbear wrote:
EphFan123 wrote:First Recruit posting coming in:
Tufts
Sebastian Cai - 51.5/1:53 Fly (2:07 LC)

Williams
Maddie Annis-1:09/2:26 Breast
Amanda Wagner- 1:04.4/2:17.4 Breast, 4:33 4IM
Ev Nichol- 21.8/47.5/1:42/4:42 Free, 24.4/52.2 Back, 51.4/1:54 Fly (58.1/2:07 LC)
Jacob Grover- 56.3/2:03 Breast (2:24.0 LC), 1:54 200 IM


Where did you find these commitments?


I think theres an issue with my collegeswimming.com page . . . . It doesnt update the commitments
polarbear
Moderator
 
Posts: 995
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:42 pm

Re: Class of 2023

Postby RetiredJet » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:32 am

polarbear wrote:
polarbear wrote:
EphFan123 wrote:First Recruit posting coming in:
Tufts
Sebastian Cai - 51.5/1:53 Fly (2:07 LC)

Williams
Maddie Annis-1:09/2:26 Breast
Amanda Wagner- 1:04.4/2:17.4 Breast, 4:33 4IM
Ev Nichol- 21.8/47.5/1:42/4:42 Free, 24.4/52.2 Back, 51.4/1:54 Fly (58.1/2:07 LC)
Jacob Grover- 56.3/2:03 Breast (2:24.0 LC), 1:54 200 IM


Where did you find these commitments?


I think theres an issue with my collegeswimming.com page . . . . It doesnt update the commitments


If you go to the individual teams there are some commitments, but I don't think anyone has been notified about early decisions. My bet is once decisions come out we might see a few more kids pop up here and there.
RetiredJet
 
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:19 pm

Re: Class of 2023

Postby EphPSD » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:45 pm

Williams sent out ED notifications on Friday.
EphPSD
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:23 am

Re: Class of 2023

Postby polarbear » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:50 pm

I know of a few Bates, Williams, Bowdoin, and Midd (women) not named above who are point scorers but will wait for them to make their announcements.
polarbear
Moderator
 
Posts: 995
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:42 pm

Re: Class of 2023

Postby TTCoach » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:19 pm

Couple new Williams swimmers posted on college swimming:

Isabel Bushway: Niskayuna, NY. Fr--Back--IM--
5:00 5Fr/10:25 1000Fr; 2:08.52IM/4:30 4IM; 57.71bk/2:04.8 2bk.

Jake Silberman Boca Raton Fl Breast/IM
58.1/207.87 Br; 1:56.5 2IM
TTCoach
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:39 pm

Re: Class of 2023

Postby imJumbo » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:22 am

Two more Tufts swimmers posted on college swimming:
James Kim (brother of Joseph Kim I think): 4:32/9:34/15:45, 1:52/4:05 IM
Dylan Brown: 22.3/47.00/1:44 Fr
imJumbo
Moderator
 
Posts: 518
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:14 am

Next

Return to New England Small College Athletic Conference

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron