The Disrespect

Moderators: Negrodamus, Diesel471, ThePlowman, Archer

y-u-always-lying
Team Affiliation: All

The Disrespect

Post by y-u-always-lying » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:59 pm

Ladies, gentlemen, Peruvian Puff Pepper,

I thank you in coming here today gathering in one of the most interesting, highly anticipated, well executed and designed posts of recent history. The year is 2020 yet some of you are blind as bats. The knowledge is laughable. The strength is hidden. The show... well that's just getting started. Dual meets are finished and honestly thank goodness. The more I heard Calvin seniors talk about their sophomore year the less I liked their pool. Good thing for the overdone, oversized, unnecessary, outlandish, Godzilla size score board they have. I am sure watching ESPN or HGTV between sets helps the lactic acid build up. Let's face the facts, people have lost respect for each other in this conference. Sportsmanship has gone to the wayside and the only thing that matters is who can raise the trophy at the end of the year. The teams we have are some of the most competitive in recent history which causes individuals to be intimated, unaware and just down right scared to talk to an opponent. This meet will be as star studded as the red carpet. It will feature some of the strongest individual and team performances the conference has ever seen. But this post isn't for predictions. Thats not what y-u-always-lying does. This is to deal with the comments so absurd and just straight up uncalled for over a hidden message board. If you haven't seen it maybe take a look, the piece was written by Peruvian Puff Pepper. Give it a glance and take your guess at who it is. If you haven't seen it yet and want to I have attached it below.

"Nate Cobb, is that you? Unless Cobb gains 4-6 inches in height (and the pants), ain't no way he'll have the balls to take down the other big dogs listed."

To whom it may concern,
Peruvian Puff Pepper, I'll just call you PPP, swimming is the name of the game but you brought a new world of pain. Karma is a dish best served with a side of humility. Sit down and eat up, say your prays to God, Allah, Buddha, and anyone else I missed cause you're gonna need it. The Game of Stone has no breaks, no stops, and is on a full speed collision corse for another stop with history. PPP you make the disrespect real, felt, and honestly deserved. No championship teams have ever been disrespected more than the 2019 teams of Albion and Hope. Time and time teams have shown it's not the size of the pool or the number of power racks, but the size of their heart. Swimming is a grueling, sometimes unbearable sport, to question a man's masculinity who swims the one of the hardest known event on the planet is low even for a rival. I hope this beat down is so mentally and physically demanding you need help standing up to shake the champions hands and watch them celebrate something you will never taste. I hope "We are the Champions" plays so loud it burst your eardrums. Basically I hope February 22, 2020 is one of the worst days you ever have.

Respect the sport, respect the culture and respect your opponents. Bring back the love to the face of the MIAA. This has been a paid advertisement from the commissioner Skylar Fish
FullSizeRender.jpeg
FullSizeRender.jpeg (125.5 KiB) Viewed 1070 times

Respect: earned, not given.
y u always lying

Unionsteels4
Team Affiliation: NA

Re: The Disrespect

Post by Unionsteels4 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:50 pm

Wait now I'm confused... who do you think that is? I feel like you were building up to saying it was someone from Calvin, then went like a different direction maybe? IDK.
Don't get me wrong I do think that was over the line even for a board notorious for poking fun at one another, but I also think "the conference has no respect for each other anymore" is a misleading claim. Calvin and Albion have rivalry but also a lot of respect. Hope and Kzoo share a rivalry as well, but people are friends with one another on both sides. The coaches seem to mostly be pretty close throughout the conference and will assuredly get ahold of their teams. The last few years have seen a lot of interteam friendships and cheering with/for one another. The time trial from that girl at Olivet comes to mind specifically (2018) but there are plenty of other examples from dual meets. Using a couple people in the forums as your barometer for respect is probably going to be an inaccurate representation of the whole. Hopefully people figure it out

P.S. If you're actually Skylar Fish, so happy you're rocking the "founder of the MIAA" joke

RollTide
Team Affiliation: Kalamazoo College

Post by RollTide » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:31 pm

y-u-always-lying wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:59 pm
Dual meets are finished
Kzoo and Alma have a dual meet this weekend

Onlylastplace
Team Affiliation: Albion

Post by Onlylastplace » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:02 am