[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
d3swimming.com • View topic - MIAA's 2019

MIAA's 2019

Moderators: Negrodamus, Diesel471, ThePlowman, Archer

Re: MIAA's 2019

Postby Unionsteels4 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:07 am

Eli, I believe the kind of bias our friend is referring to is that which comes from an older sibling. We are all immensely proud of siblings when they possess gifts which place them above their peers, and we brag accordingly, but that also comes with perhaps a touch of clouded vision. Pretending Huttenlocher does not even have a case is silly. Little Benny is for sure faster in the 50 and 100's (cept breast) as well as the 200fr and 200bk. Huttenlocher is almost certainly faster at the 100 br, 400Im, 500fr, Mile, 200Br, and 200fl. 2 IM is a toss up (hopefully decided at leagues?) and neither are by any means bad at anything. Which would I take? Probably the one that can help more in relays, but that was not the claim which you seem to be so bothered by. As for bias in the forums... 100% what they're for. Bring it
Unionsteels4

Postby y-u-always-lying » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:03 pm

Put some respek on the name because I'm back in the GAME. The banter going on... LOVE IT. The mental strategy and overcompensating for a small package .... EXPECTED. The Fortnite wannabes switched to Apex Legends.... FAKES. Get your sleeps and collect your weeps :cry: . Hide your sister and be the mister. MIAA. The oldest conference in the country. With the founder Skylar Fish competing in his record 110th MIAA Championships. Back and Black and bald. Scared? You should be. Ready? I'm sure as hell not, but time waits for no man. Lettuce GO!
y u always lying
y-u-always-lying

Postby c-relay » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:39 am

The ultimate battle between John Patnott and Skylar Fish!
c-relay

Postby WilliamWallace » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:51 am

Some thoughts:
1. Forums and bias go hand in hand. No surprises there. My favorite is when people use an anonymous account to talk about themselves. That’s too funny. Lookin at Muma back in the day.
2. CalvinVsAlbion. History doesn’t repeat itself, but it does rhyme. Two meets to look at - 2017 and 2018. Couldn’t be any more different as far as how they went mentally and physiologically for each team. In 17 all four classes of Calvin had never tasted anything but domination. They had a triumphant win #1 in 2014, lazily dominated in 15, and had another home meet blowout in 16. So the seniors of 17 had literally no reason to expect they wouldn’t just do same old same old. I put low percentage of outcome of the 17 meet on training/taper. I put a lot of weight on Albion being able to attack early and scare the crap out of a team that thought they were invincible. It worked and they toppled a good team and made an enormous amount of points in the surge. —now— the 2018 team had a bloody lip and was well aware of the Albion threat. That’s why they were able to go blow for blow with them last year. Expect a team a lot more like 2018 than 2017. Something I don’t know is how much JT had to do with directing the intangibles on Albion’s team (would love if a Brit alumni could speak to that). If JT was just as good in the locker room as he was on deck at practice each day, then he gets even more credit for the fight that Albion has developed. This begs the question- how will the new coach for the brits carry the incredibly important intangibles. We will see.

Predictions: Calvin wins but by less than 25 pts. The major point scoring swimmers on each team don’t have a ton of room to move around, so it’s gonna come down to the men on the second half of the roster. Calvin’s depth gets an edge there. Plus they are big as hell and that’s usually dangerous for deck presence. Hope Albion puts something out there.

Soldier: "You're not William Wallace! William Wallace is seven feet tall!"
Wallace: "Yes, I’ve heard, and if he were here today, he’d consume the English with fireballs from his eyes, and lighting bolts from his arse."
WilliamWallace

Postby ThisIsAwesome » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:23 pm

ThisIsAwesome

Postby Fireball27 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:04 pm

Fireball27

Postby TheLCrew » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:38 pm

TheLCrew

Postby c-relay » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:43 pm

c-relay

Postby Fireball27 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:56 pm

Last edited by Fireball27 on Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fireball27

Postby c-relay » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:00 pm

boom
Screen Shot 2019-02-10 at 6.58.38 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-10 at 6.58.38 PM.png (155.44 KiB) Viewed 1564 times
c-relay

Postby TheLCrew » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:18 pm

Fireball27, Let's leave Alma out of this situation. I think we can all agree that we want Alma to become a greater presence in the MIAA. They didn't do anything to you so let's chill out and focus on how many times Calvin has tapered this year and if Albion will beat them this year. Alma doesn't belong in the gutter at all especially Fererra, dudes got mad game at the free events and will probably be a strong presence at conference this year. Cant wait to see. Along with that pretty sure Almas has got a some decent recruits coming in soon thanks to the new coaching change.

Cant wait for all six teams in the MIAA to be a superpower!
TheLCrew

Postby Starlord knight » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:51 pm

Wikipedia defines bias as "someones opinion is different and that they don't like the other persons opinion." People can cry "BIAS!" as much as they want, but when it comes to this championship, there will only be one winning team. Philosophy teaches us that fact is the sole separator between opinion and speculation. Thus, we can come to the conclusion that facts are ultimately determined by who touches the wall first. The fact of the matter is that there is no question on who wins this meet.

A man once wrote that Knighthood lies above eternity; it doesn't live off fame, but rather deeds. Starlord out.
Starlord knight

Postby JuicyJayDiesel » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:56 pm

Whoa it's been a bit since I've signed in. Guess I shouldn't let my password sheet get wrapped up next time I let my hair down.

Anyway, on to business.

Watch out for us this year at MIAA's 2019: Return of the Zoo

This boy Grant, he's got some Anger and is tired of letting Tyler Kimberlily push him around in the Bestrokes.
Sharif will be Shakin it up all across the board when he WINS the 2 fly.
of course the other Grant's Stille got it when he takes down all challengers in his primary... and possibly only event the 50. Yard. Freestyle.
The dynamic duo of Tejas Vettukattil and Simon Li... 1-2 on both boards. enough said about the sick stache and Simon's mad rhymes.

But... There is another... One far more powerful than the likes of any swimmer in the MIAA. He swims with the strength of 20 Men, not even Jake lensing can defeat him in Trial by Crossfit. He is, the one, the only, Keeper of the Water House... SCOTT ROBERTS
JuicyJayDiesel

Postby Iron_Danny_G » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:01 pm

It's always nice to see my fellow coaches log back on every once in a while. Thought I should give an update on the team's status as we come up on our final week of a long, but rewarding 2 month taper.

First, we are looking forward to our lockers being fully in-tact following the meet this year. I didn't know it was possible to make it all the way through a metal locker.

Next, the last time the championship was at the HAC, a team other than ours won. We are looking to overcome the obstacles by reintroducing our coveted stretching poles. We WILL be the most flexible individuals on deck.

Lastly, I know there has been some talk about some other teams and their lifting quests this season. Just know, we forever and always will have Jake Lensing; the biggest and strongest bodybuilder in the conference. He strikes fear into any opponent's soul and will single handily lift up the team on the podium after we win.

p.s. To all of my inferior coaches, I once again offer up my blog that highlights some key points for training freestylers. It has really helped me to review this each day before practice.
http://coachdangelderloos.blogspot.com/ ... d.html?m=1

In all seriousness, good luck to my fellow colleagues. It should be a great time as the conference comes together at the culmination of a long season. I look forward to a week of fun and fast swimming. Godspeed.
God bless the Holstege brothers!
-Big D
Iron_Danny_G

Postby Crash Bandicoot » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:24 pm

*MIAA League Meet discussion starts*

*every freshman makes account affiliated with Alma*

so much mystery, time to play some Guess Who lol
Crash Bandicoot

PreviousNext

Return to Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association