[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
d3swimming.com • View topic - 2015 recruits (according to facebook)

2015 recruits (according to facebook)

Wondering about swimming or diving in Division III? Ask your questions here.
Recruiting in this forum will be punished by removal of the offending user.

Moderators: Diesel471, ThePlowman, VP2008

2015 recruits (according to facebook)

Postby babwik » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:29 am

I saw the new recruiting tab, and I like the list. Here is a little I found on facebook. My methodology is: on facebook search, type in "Denison 2015" or whatever college. There is usually a page that kids can post on saying they are going to a school. Often they will mention if they are playing a sport. I then check the people who say they are swimming with the USA swimming time database.

Some flaws in this system:

Obviously incomplete. I only find the people that announce themselves on these pages.

The database of times often misses HS performances, which could be much faster. Also, if someone has a common name like John Smith, I may even grab the wrong swimmer.

This falls more on the rumor side than what is posted on the tab, but whatever, it's just a message board. Feel free to search other colleges, I just started with the two we have been talking about. Enjoy!

Denison

Men

Connor Dorff- Philadelphia- Diving
Ben Snader-Illinois- 57.6/2:05br, 48.5/1:45 fr, 52.0fly, 1:55/4:14im
Matt Duggins-NC- 48.9/1:46/4:43/9:54/16:37
Devin Compan-TX- 20.90/45.45/1:45
Andrew Watkins- 59.10 br
Dan Hellman-NJ-48.6/1:44.5/4:45.9, 51.7/1:54 fly

Kenyon

Men

Joe Guilfoyle- NJ- 1:43.00/4:35.26/9:27.70/16:04
Alan Magendzo-Chile
Jacob Hegge- 48.5/1:46/4:44, 51.8/1:54fly
babwik

Re: 2015 recruits (according to facebook)

Postby Gary the No Trash Cougar » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:39 pm

Heard that Nick Spaniel, from Vermont, will be attending Denison. He's a 21.7 / 47.5 / 1:42.7 freestyler.
Gary the No Trash Cougar

Re: 2015 recruits (according to facebook)

Postby Lora » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:26 am

Very cool, thanks for the info! I find this very interesting, and I must admit that I am a bit envious that I am not being recruited by anyone. I am thinking that for the next year I should intensify my training regimen in hopes that I will catch a recruiters attention. This means that I will need to spend a lot more time in the water. Unfortunately, the only conceivable way to achieve this is to buy my own swimming pool so that I can train at home. I'm thinking about checking out to see if they might have an affordable option for me. Wish me luck!
Lora

Return to Recruits