2010 Nationals - Repeat Champions and Suit Changes?

We bring a different perspective to the pool and discuss swimming in our own way. This forum is dedicated to providing women with the space to talk about swimming the way we want to talk about swimming.

Moderators: Diesel471, ThePlowman

Re: 2010 Nationals - Repeat Champions and Suit Changes?

Postby swimfan56 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:37 pm

Nescac will score big in 500 free, there is a freshman at Williams who will make a mark and K Stern has been very good in the 100 and 200 lately.
swimfan56

Postby openwater » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:56 pm

OK so here, before any of the conference meets, are some predictions for the women:

The 1650 is over already - Horvat by 20 seconds over Wilson and a bunch of swimmers from Ohio.
The 500 should be one of the better races - I expect Horvat, Stern and Wilson(Williams) all to be under 4:50.
The 200 should belong to Stern - she could be 1:46 low and Westby is the only other swimmer who has shown signs of being able to be under 1:50.
Stern, Croix, Westby and Zaleski should all be under 50 in the 100 free - in that order.

Todhunter should run away with the Flys.
Emory looks to win both the 2Back (could have 4 Emory caps in the big final) and the 2Breast although Vereshchagin (KEN) ought to be the favorite.
Zaleski has to be the favorite to repeat in the 1Back while the 1Breast looks to be an Emory-Kenyon duel to the finish.

I expect new records in 3 out of the 4 longer freestyle events. The only other individual record chance(s) would be Todhunter resetting her own in the fly(s).

Oh yeah and Emory wins.
Once a competitive swimmer, you can become anything.
openwater

Postby nemesis enforcer » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:52 pm

openwater wrote:
I expect new records in 3 out of the 4 longer freestyle events. The only other individual record chance(s) would be Todhunter resetting her own in the fly(s).

Horvat 4IM?
Nemesis- It'll get ya'
nemesis enforcer

Previous

Return to Women's Forum