Women's Fourth Day

We bring a different perspective to the pool and discuss swimming in our own way. This forum is dedicated to providing women with the space to talk about swimming the way we want to talk about swimming.

Women's Fourth Day

Postby Nescacfan » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:22 am

1650: How fast will Horvat go?

100 Free: Can Kendra Stern defend her title?

200 Back: My pick is Amanda Nicholson in this one.

200 Breast: Will Vereshchagin win this one?

400 Free Relay: Will Denison take this one? Second place could be at stake in this final event.
Nescacfan

Re: Women's Fourth Day

Postby swim826 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:07 am

Hell of a swim from Pasternak. What a great way to finish out your senior year after swimming in Sasser's shadow for 3 years. I'll be rooting for her to win it tonight!
swim826

Postby swammer00 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:14 pm

i am rooting for either pasternak or barer in the 200 back -- both are seniors without an individual title to their name, and like the previous person said, have had to swim in sasser's shadow the past 3 years. hope that one of them pulls out this win. similarly, i am rooting for hohl in the 100 free to earn her first individual title as a senior. obviously kendra stern and ruth westby will try to prevent that from happening. vereshchagin looked like she either died or took it easy her last 50 this morning. we'll see if she can go a 216 or better tonight for the win.

the mile is the oldest record in the books (13 years) at 16:40 so lets look to see horvat under that!

the article written today on collegeswimming.com said logan todhunter was a likely swimmer of the meet. sorry, but if the coaches vote for todhunter over horvat i'll be very disappointed. 4:47 and 4:16 and a 1:49 split on the 800 free relay record and whatever she goes in the IM are just way too impressive...
swammer00

Postby swammer00 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:15 pm

(Re: above comment, i meant whatever she goes in the 1650, not the IM)
swammer00

Postby Nescacfan » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:42 pm

swammer00 wrote:i am rooting for either pasternak or barer in the 200 back -- both are seniors without an individual title to their name, and like the previous person said, have had to swim in sasser's shadow the past 3 years. hope that one of them pulls out this win. similarly, i am rooting for hohl in the 100 free to earn her first individual title as a senior. obviously kendra stern and ruth westby will try to prevent that from happening. vereshchagin looked like she either died or took it easy her last 50 this morning. we'll see if she can go a 216 or better tonight for the win.

the mile is the oldest record in the books (13 years) at 16:40 so lets look to see horvat under that!

the article written today on collegeswimming.com said logan todhunter was a likely swimmer of the meet. sorry, but if the coaches vote for todhunter over horvat i'll be very disappointed. 4:47 and 4:16 and a 1:49 split on the 800 free relay record and whatever she goes in the IM are just way too impressive...

Horvat is a lock for swimmer of the meet.
Nescacfan

Postby sweatyh20dad » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:17 pm

Congratulations to Liz Horvat of Emory. You are amazing!
sweatyh20dad

Postby Nescacfan » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:31 am

Congrats to Coach Howell and all the Emory women. The swimmers all appeared to hit their tapers. Not only did they hit their tapers, they seemed ready to compete. Their competiveness really became evident in the relay swims. Emory's performance this year reminded me a lot of Amherst's performance last year.
Nescacfan

Postby homer3220 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:10 pm

Regarding Liz Horvat - I'll have what she's having....
seriously though, my daughter swam against her in HS, beat her, and has no where near the times Liz is putting up now...
good job Liz!
homer3220

Postby sweatyh20dad » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:03 pm

Gotta' be that good southern cooking. Or else it's Jon Howell's outstanding coaching staff having something to do with it.
sweatyh20dad

Postby neswim » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:55 am

Nescacfan wrote:Congrats to Coach Howell and all the Emory women. The swimmers all appeared to hit their tapers. Not only did they hit their tapers, they seemed ready to compete. Their competiveness really became evident in the relay swims. Emory's performance this year reminded me a lot of Amherst's performance last year.

I agree and Howell could have just as easily been men's coach of the year (though I'd still vote for the Hauck's given St Olaf's fourth place finish with a small team). Very impressive performance by both Emory squads.
neswim

Postby sarah.roberts » Mon May 25, 2015 5:12 am

neswim wrote:
Nescacfan wrote:Congrats to Coach Howell and all the Emory women. The swimmers all appeared to hit their tapers. Not only did they hit their tapers, they seemed ready to compete. Their competiveness really became evident in the relay swims. Emory's performance this year reminded me a lot of Amherst's performance last year.

I agree and Howell could have just as easily been men's coach of the year (though I'd still vote for the Hauck's given St Olaf's fourth place finish with a small team). Very impressive performance by both Emory squads.

This is true, Howell gets my vote for best coach in the Division
sarah.roberts

Postby AmyDJohnson » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:47 am

I also agree about Coach Howell. Overall That was quite impressive performance. I am a die-heart fan of swimming. Though I am new in this field,still I thought it would be great to share some really exiting news like" NYC March Events "with all passionate athletes. Just buy yourself some special time through the NY TRI EXPO ’16, scheduled for Saturday, March 19 from 10 – 6 pm.
AmyDJohnson

Postby wanda » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:56 am

Thanks for the info :D :D

maxbet mobile
wanda

Return to Women's Forum