kenyon is not a title contender

So maybe what you want to say (about swimming) doesn't quite fit into one of our other categories. This is the place for you.

Moderator: Nasty Natti

kenyon is not a title contender

Postby DonCheadle » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:47 am

Really, looking at the line up, they are not a contender this year. And unless they get a mega class next eyar, I doubt they even finish 4th in 2014. Times change.
Thank you Mario! But our princess is in another castle!
DonCheadle
Gold Sponsor

Re: kenyon is not a title contender

Postby sbswim » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:42 pm

Looking at midseason results they did a great job of getting guys into NCAA's... Dennison on the other hand did not seem to do as well. My rough count of number of people who "probably" qualified.

Den - 8
Emory - 12
Ken - 12
JHU - 10
MIT - 13
sbswim

Postby NCACDork » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:54 am

So who is the front-runner this year? I think Denison probably lost a lot of seniors, but I have not been paying too much attention. Emory? MIT?
NCACDork

Postby sbswim » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:04 am

The above list doesnt include diving which helps denison. Denison is probably the favorite still but they have much less room for error this year. Denison seemed a little underwhelming at midseason (but they did lose a lot of their speed for relays in Barczak and Barry). I see it being a four or five team race this year going to whomever is really on at the meet. Anyone of Den, Kenyon, Emory, MIT, and potentially JHU could probably win the meet.
sbswim

Postby DonCheadle » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:52 am

It seems to me that Denison is where Kenyon was several years ago. They have one meet this year, the rest are just details. They didn't even swim their breaststroker on their relays this weekend.
DonCheadle
Gold Sponsor

Postby silentp » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:43 pm

DonCheadle wrote:It seems to me that Denison is where Kenyon was several years ago. They have one meet this year, the rest are just details. They didn't even swim their breaststroker on their relays this weekend.

If they get cocky like that, they could be where Kenyon was 3 years ago when they didn't get all of their guys in and lost.
Frank: Look, I didn't go to Vietnam just to have pansies like you take my freedom away from me.
Dee: You went to Vietnam in 1993 to open up a sweatshop!
Frank: ...and a lot of good men died in that sweatshop!
silentp
Executive Team

Postby screeeeeeeeech » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:28 pm

Meh, we've said this before Don. Kenyon is always in the mix...always. No one goes to school there other than to swim. Let's be serious. They will be there at the end of the year.
Adjusting expectations: so close to 500 posts!
screeeeeeeeech

Postby DonCheadle » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:35 pm

I really don't think so screech. Look at their breaststrokers. Ouch. They have no shot at a podium in either medley in my opinion (podium = top 3)

[ Post made via iPad ]
DonCheadle
Gold Sponsor

Postby pvswim » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:35 pm

screeeeeeeeech wrote:Meh, we've said this before Don. Kenyon is always in the mix...always. No one goes to school there other than to swim.

I'm not sure if you're just trolling, but there's no need to disparage an excellent school just because it has had tremendous success in swimming. Unfortunately, some high schoolers rely on this site to learn more about Division III swimming, and they may come away with the idea that the Kenyon team is full of mercenaries who swim semiprofessionally and spend no time on their academics. This is so untrue that it doesn't even warrant debate. You are entitled to school pride, but keep in mind that you are doing all of Division III swimming a disservice by saying that one of its elite members has no value outside of swimming.
pvswim

Postby Nasty Natti » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:33 pm

Kenyon is an exceptionally strong academic school. One of the top liberal arts schools. I hate Kenyon and I hate to admit that, but it's true.
"I've got a clear shot at Chaos sir!!"
"You think your bullets can hurt him?!?"
Nasty Natti
Executive Team

Postby screeeeeeeeech » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:55 am

Well, let me begin my three-part apology by saying that I forgot forums were for fun. I'm sure that kids look at these forums. They also look at reddit. And digg. And less reputable fare.
I also only meant that kids that go to Kenyon TO SWIM are incredibly focused on swimming, mainly because the school is in small-town Ohio. You said they were mercenaries, not me. Maybe you owe an apology?
Lastly, I guess I forgot that speech, even bad speech or speech you find "offensive" or "tasteless", fosters debate and discussion, which is what a FORUM IS FOR. You want to rip me on here? Be my guest. Welcome to the forums PV.
For the kids: Kenyon is a great school, with great people. They have one of the most highly-regarded literary reviews in the country. They won like 30 mens championships in a row.
Adjusting expectations: so close to 500 posts!
screeeeeeeeech

Postby Chris Knight » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:33 pm

And lovely foliage!
Declaring myself the 2010 d3swimming.com fantasy nationals champion until 99red says otherwise
Chris Knight

Postby DonCheadle » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:20 pm

pvswim wrote:
screeeeeeeeech wrote:Meh, we've said this before Don. Kenyon is always in the mix...always. No one goes to school there other than to swim.

I'm not sure if you're just trolling, but there's no need to disparage an excellent school just because it has had tremendous success in swimming. Unfortunately, some high schoolers rely on this site to learn more about Division III swimming, and they may come away with the idea that the Kenyon team is full of mercenaries who swim semiprofessionally and spend no time on their academics. This is so untrue that it doesn't even warrant debate. You are entitled to school pride, but keep in mind that you are doing all of Division III swimming a disservice by saying that one of its elite members has no value outside of swimming.

Are you kidding me, I was the one who was trolling. Where is the outrage in my post?

Kenyon used to be full of swimming mercenaries. Now they are too slow to qualfity for such labels.
DonCheadle
Gold Sponsor

Postby iamdonovan » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:35 pm

DonCheadle wrote:Kenyon used to be full of swimming mercenaries. Now they are too slow to qualfity for such labels.

Seriously, where the hell is the "like" (or +1) button?
damn, I'm hungry for some chunky soup
iamdonovan

Postby skutbe01 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:15 pm

screeeeeeeeech wrote:For the kids: Kenyon is a great school, with great people. They have one of the most highly-regarded literary reviews in the country. They won like 30 mens championships in a row.

But I heard there is no cable in the dorms...
---------------------
Ben Skutnik
Luther College '08
skutbe01

Next

Return to General