2011 NWC Championships

2011 NWC Championships

Postby chrismyhre » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:42 am

Here is the link for our meet which begins this Friday, 2/25.
http://www.lcpioneers.com/sports/swimdi ... nship_page
New venue which many say is quite a fast course......looking forward to some fast times!!! Good luck all!
chrismyhre

Re: 2011 NWC Championships

Postby chrismyhre » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:10 am

Speaking to myself it would seem but just in case......We were under a bit of a cloud here as we prepared for our NWC Championshups, beginning today. Snow, not the kind those you in the east and midwest have endured, but those in "power", and even most of us common folk tend to react as if we have never seen this stuff before. Our meet was in danger of being moved to another less desirable venue when the preferred pool/campus closed yesterday (TH, 2/24) due to snow. Good news is that we went ahead and planned for a 2 hour delay to the start of prelims this morning, just in case, but did not need it as we are good to go for the heats of the 500 etc. but at noon today, with finals scheduled for a 7 PM start. The venue we will race in is deep water with outstanding gutters and should give our kids a positive racing environment. We are at Mt. Hood Community College in Gresham, Oregon. See my previous post here for results.
chrismyhre

Postby silentp » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:14 am

Good to hear you'll be able to compete in the fastest pool! It would have been a shame to have swims (national aspirations or not) compromised due to a bad facility.

Good luck!
Frank: Look, I didn't go to Vietnam just to have pansies like you take my freedom away from me.
Dee: You went to Vietnam in 1993 to open up a sweatshop!
Frank: ...and a lot of good men died in that sweatshop!
silentp
Executive Team

Postby facenorth » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:11 pm

Glad to hear things are working out for the athletes out there. Best of luck to you and your teams this weekend, Chris.
facenorth

Postby chrismyhre » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:35 pm

Thanks for the weel-wishes. Mt. Hood is working out well. The folks running the show here are doing a great job and also helping create the sort of enviornment for the kids to swim fast. Pool is 10-15 feet in depth, and not swimming into a bulkhead which I personally prefer. Great gutters all around. I feel like the kids were a little fatigued this morning after the later than nornal start times--thus finish times for yesterday. But this evening, after recovery time and food (we were able to start at 10 AM today/6 PM Finals), should be quick with some cuts to be had. Whitworth is looking strong and I could see them taking 7-8 guys to TN. Women's meet is pretty much all Whitworth, maybe a relay, 1 or 2 individuals for the Pirates. The Loggers hope to get at least a couple of girls to Knoxville (wanted to take another poke at that 4 MR but the cost would be too high fitting it into a TT), maybe 2 guys with an outside shot at that 800 FR......we shall see.
chrismyhre

Postby humlae69 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:43 pm

humlae69

Return to Northwest Conference