Post-conference D3 Predictions

Moderators: Negrodamus, Archer

Post-conference D3 Predictions

Postby bucket_turn » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:48 pm

With the only D3 meet of the year worth noting (at any level) just around the corner, I thought I'd make some early winners/times predictions.

200 Medley Relay: 1:31.48 (Holland Christian)

200 Free: 1:36.73 - Cooks Weeks (Holland Christian)

200 IM: 1:48.33 - Miskelley (Holland Christian)

50 Free: 20.35 - Bart (EGR)

100 Fly: 49.02 - VanMeter (Holland Christian)

100 Free: 44.78 - Briggs (BC Dogs)

500 Free: 4:23.88 - Cooks-Weeks (Holland Christian)

200 Free Relay: 1:23.70 (Holland Christian)

100 Back: 48.99 - Miskelley (Holland Christian)

100 Breast: 54.95 - Bart (EGR)

400 Free Relay: 3:02.80 (Holland Christian)

Thoughts? Holland Christian will obviously win the title, but what do you think about the time predictions for these D1 college bound studs?
bucket_turn

Re: Post-conference D3 Predictions

Postby Big Papa » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:08 pm

My man this sounds like Highschool D3 Michigan Swimming, this board is for the D3 MIAA Collegiate Swimming.

That being said, your times and winners sound pretty safe
Except for one... 50 free goes to Cam Peel (yes related to Hope's Megan Peel) I know Barth has been 20.6 but that was tapered from what I can tell, and Peel has yet too.

Also, that's a bold prediction in saying Holland Christian has is wrapped up. I don't think you can count Cranbrook out of the title, especially since Cranbrook graduated 1 from last year's state meet and finished ahead of Holland. EGR shouldn't be as big of a factor considering how much talent they graduated.
"Give your meet a good ol' rub"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2X7GCUhZJs

"heh heh yeah boi"
Big Papa

Postby polarbear » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:45 pm

Big Papa wrote:My man this sounds like Highschool D3 Michigan Swimming, this board is for the D3 MIAA Collegiate Swimming.

Except for one... 50 free goes to Cam Peel (yes related to Hope's Megan Peel) I know Barth has been 20.6 but that was tapered from what I can tell, and Peel has yet too.

Also, that's a bold prediction in saying Holland Christian has is wrapped up. I don't think you can count Cranbrook out of the title, especially since Cranbrook graduated 1 from last year's state meet and finished ahead of Holland. EGR shouldn't be as big of a factor considering how much talent they graduated.

"You went to Cranbrook, that's a private school!"
polarbear

Postby m_cash » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:57 am

Big Papa wrote:My man this sounds like Highschool D3 Michigan Swimming, this board is for the D3 MIAA Collegiate Swimming.

...Cranbrook? No one will touch HC this year. Unless Todd completely biffs their taper/rest, or someone gets injured in the next 24 hours, I highly doubt anyone coming close to HC.

Anyone know why Holland isn't hosting a meet this year? SVSU, Oakland, and EMU all put their bids in early?
m_cash

Postby FranksRedHot » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:18 am

Sprannng Laaake
FranksRedHot

Postby RollTide » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:14 am

m_cash wrote:

...Cranbrook? No one will touch HC this year. Unless Todd completely biffs their taper/rest, or someone gets injured in the next 24 hours, I highly doubt anyone coming close to HC.

Anyone know why Holland isn't hosting a meet this year? SVSU, Oakland, and EMU all put their bids in early?

My best guess is that USA Swimming is holding 12&Under States at Holland this weekend. It’s kind of like what happened in 2015 where D1 was bumped from Oakland to Saginaw Valley for the same reason. Anyone want to be bold enough to make picks for that meet?

[ Post made via iPhone ]
RollTide

Postby Wakanda » Mon May 28, 2018 1:38 am

That being said, your times and winners sound pretty safe. :lol:
Wakanda

Return to Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association