NCAAs 2019

Moderators: Negrodamus, Diesel471, ThePlowman, Archer

NCAAs 2019

Postby WilliamWallace » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:40 pm

Hey guys- taking a look at the NCAA meet down in Greensboro NC.

MIAA placements so far: (point it out if I missed someone)

WEDNESDAY AM & PM-- finals in bold

500 Freestyle
Serino (CALV w) - 40th - 5:06.94
Iturbe (CALV m) - 33rd - 4:42.25

200IM
Huttenlocher (ALBC m) - 35th - 1:53.22

50 Free
Peel (HOPE w) - 32nd - 23.79
Gunderson (CALV w) - 40th - 23.90
Britton (CALV m) - 15th - 20.64

200 Medley Relay
CALV w - 23rd - 1:46.64
ALBC w - 24th - 1:47.69
CALV m - 12th - 1:30.65
ALBC m - 16th - 1:32.19


THURSDAY AM

200 Free Relay
CALV w - 14th(p) - 1:35.57
ALBC w - 15th(p) - 1:35.58
CALV m - 6th(p) - 1:21.52

100 Fly
Kozycki (ALBC m) - 18th - 49.03
Britton (CALV m) - 25th - 49.35

200 Freestyle
Serino (CALV w) - 12th(p) - 1:51.61
Iturbe (CALV m) - 8th(p) - 1:38.88

400 Medley Relay
CALV w - 25th - 4:01.31
CALV m - 8th(p) - 3:16.72
ALBC m - 18th - 3:21.15


Big time to watch tonight:
Both Albion and Calvin 200 Free relays in the B final tonight for the ladies!
Calvin men in the A final with a 6th place spot this morning!
Serino in the 200 free B Final!
Iturbe in the A FINAL of the 200 Free! The all American from Venezuela!
The Calvin 400 MR making it into top 8! A 3:16 this morning :o

Keep the momentum up MIAA!
Soldier: "You're not William Wallace! William Wallace is seven feet tall!"
Wallace: "Yes, I’ve heard, and if he were here today, he’d consume the English with fireballs from his eyes, and lighting bolts from his arse."
User avatar
WilliamWallace
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:02 pm

Re: NCAAs 2019

Postby SalParadise » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:58 pm

100 Fly
Kozycki (ALBC m) - 18th - 49.03
Britton (CALV m) - 25th - 49.35


I think Kozycki actually tied for 17th, which is too bad.

Finals tonight:

Albion women drop a little time to get 14th in 1:35.41 and Calvin women gain a little time to go 15th in 1:35.74. Albion won the rematch after the conference meet, excited to see them race again next year! Plus, it's always great having two MIAA teams racing at night at nationals.

Calvin men drop a bit of time and end up 7th in 1:21.39, led by a big 19.72 split from Britton, which I think is his fastest split since his freshman year. Big congrats to him for a great last 2 free relay swim.

Serino goes 1:52.05 for 15th place.

Iturbe goes 1:39.17 for 8th place and his 2nd All-American finish of the night.

Jacob Burris gets fifth on the 1 meter for Albion! Highest MIAA finish of the night.

Calvin drops more time from this morning for a 3:16.35 in the 400 medley relay, which was good for 7th place. Holstege gets back under 48 with a 47.97 leadoff, followed by a blazing fast 55.02 from Skyler Fish, who apparently should have been swimming breaststroke for a while now. Britton (48.51) and Iturbe (44.85) close it out for a great swim, and Calvin (and Iturbe's) third all-American finish of the night.
SalParadise
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:47 pm

Re: NCAAs 2019

Postby WilliamWallace » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:11 am

I know I am bias because of my alma mater, but man, Calvin really had a heck of a day yesterday. Probably one of its best NCAA sessions in a decade for them. Three AA swims in a session. Excited to see what they can do now that they got some momentum.

[ Post made via iPhone ]
Soldier: "You're not William Wallace! William Wallace is seven feet tall!"
Wallace: "Yes, I’ve heard, and if he were here today, he’d consume the English with fireballs from his eyes, and lighting bolts from his arse."
User avatar
WilliamWallace
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:02 pm

Re: NCAAs 2019

Postby Salad Fingers » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:26 pm

Props to the MIAA. Good week for them. Shout out to Calvin. I think they had the first All American relay since KZoo back in 2010. This is saying a lot. 9 years ago, 3:18 got 2nd in the 4MR. This year, it took 3:16 just to make top 8. I might be wrong, but a couple big heat swims is huge! Conference is trending in the right direction!
Don't be afraid of losing. Be terrified of being forgotten.
User avatar
Salad Fingers
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:36 pm

Re: NCAAs 2019

Postby illuminati » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:37 pm

Salad Fingers wrote:Shout out to Calvin. I think they had the first All American relay since KZoo back in 2010. This is saying a lot.


Im not surprised that Albion is overlooked and forgotten about yet again, but it’s starting to get old... Albion was 8th in the 400 free relay just two years ago...

[ Post made via iPhone ]
illuminati
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 am

Re: NCAAs 2019

Postby WilliamWallace » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:10 am

I am gonna go ahead and say Albion gets PLENTY of attention on the forums.
Albion forgotten again... give me a break.
SF is clearly a long time member of the community so it seems to reason they would have swam back in the 00's and early 10's. Sorry they missed the race 2 years ago. I'm gonna give him a pass.

Everyone posts, comments, and smack talks when the brits are on the up and up, but they underperform at NCAAs? Crickets.
They dropped time in only 2 races at the meet. Huttenlocker's 100br and Kozyki's 100... backstroke..? Wasn't going to mention it, but you know... I dont want to overlook Albion.

Meanwhile Calvin swims great and there are about 4 posts about it.

half of which are mine.
Soldier: "You're not William Wallace! William Wallace is seven feet tall!"
Wallace: "Yes, I’ve heard, and if he were here today, he’d consume the English with fireballs from his eyes, and lighting bolts from his arse."
User avatar
WilliamWallace
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:02 pm

Re: NCAAs 2019

Postby Not a Dr. » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:50 am

WilliamWallace wrote:I am gonna go ahead and say Albion gets PLENTY of attention on the forums.
Albion forgotten again... give me a break.
SF is clearly a long time member of the community so it seems to reason they would have swam back in the 00's and early 10's. Sorry they missed the race 2 years ago. I'm gonna give him a pass.

Everyone posts, comments, and smack talks when the brits are on the up and up, but they underperform at NCAAs? Crickets.
They dropped time in only 2 races at the meet. Huttenlocker's 100br and Kozyki's 100... backstroke..? Wasn't going to mention it, but you know... I dont want to overlook Albion.

Meanwhile Calvin swims great and there are about 4 posts about it.

half of which are mine.


Well Mitch, when alums like yourself and Eli post egregious content making unsubstantiated claims about teams (and even calling out individual swimmers) it’s hard for other users on here not to rub it in when your posts blow up in your faces. Not only does your jabber take away from the validity of decent conversations about potential league competitions, but it even takes away from the amazing swims that the hard-working swimmers from Calvin throw down. They had an amazing season on nearly all fronts, but it’s easy to overlook because of a few alumni that tried to hype them up without giving a reasonable amount of credit to other teams.

[ Post made via iPhone ]
Not a Dr.
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:05 pm

Re: NCAAs 2019

Postby StephenAd0nk » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:54 am

Not a Dr. wrote:WilliamWallace wrote:
I am gonna go ahead and say Albion gets PLENTY of attention on the forums.
Albion forgotten again... give me a break.
SF is clearly a long time member of the community so it seems to reason they would have swam back in the 00's and early 10's. Sorry they missed the race 2 years ago. I'm gonna give him a pass.

Everyone posts, comments, and smack talks when the brits are on the up and up, but they underperform at NCAAs? Crickets.
They dropped time in only 2 races at the meet. Huttenlocker's 100br and Kozyki's 100... backstroke..? Wasn't going to mention it, but you know... I dont want to overlook Albion.

Meanwhile Calvin swims great and there are about 4 posts about it.

half of which are mine.


Well Mitch, when alums like yourself and Eli post egregious content making unsubstantiated claims about teams (and even calling out individual swimmers) it’s hard for other users on here not to rub it in when your posts blow up in your faces. Not only does your jabber take away from the validity of decent conversations about potential league competitions, but it even takes away from the amazing swims that the hard-working swimmers from Calvin throw down. They had an amazing season on nearly all fronts, but it’s easy to overlook because of a few alumni that tried to hype them up without giving a reasonable amount of credit to other teams.


Indubiousness, ness.
I have opinions that are based on the facts that are presented to me. I don't apologize. I stand by it. If I'm hated, so what? If I'm loved, so what?
User avatar
StephenAd0nk
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:46 pm

Re: NCAAs 2019

Postby RedRobbin » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:30 pm

Speaking of "posting egregious content and making unsubstantiated claims," how about you don't call out former MIAA swimmers who have posted on the forms a grand total of once to cover for your own insecurities. I am Eli, and I usually love reading and following these forms because it's one of the only ways I can keep up with the league and swimmers I love most. If I'm biased towards anything it's the MIAA men’s breaststroke. I dropped everything to watch those races. While I was on the live feed for MIAAs I cheered just as loud for Kimbrell, Huttenlocher, Kirk, Knott, and all the other breaststrokers as I did for my own brother because of how much I love the stroke and how honored I was to be a part of such an outstanding group of swimmers. Racing against breaststrokes like Johnson Cochran and Tyler Kimbrell was the pride of my athletic career. The only tears I ever shed for my sport didn't come from my last race at NCAAs, they came from my last race against Kimbrell in the 100 breast. I was horribly ill with the flu all MIAAs and was so ashamed, not because I had a bad time or was low on the podium, but because I knew it was the last time I could be a part of their legacy and I was ashamed to contributed so little to it right when I though I could’ve brought so much. I have closely followed their times and swims since I finished and my heart aches for them when they perform below what we know they’re capable of and bounds for them in their successes.
So, before we all go around accusing people of this and that on these forums, how about we remember what this is, a place to celebrate and discuss an outstanding group of individuals. People will have biases, it’s inevitable, and they will come through on the forms, but so long as the content is constructive and respectful it really shouldn’t matter if one person likes to talk about Calvin, another about Albion, and people like me, about a specific stroke. The more we post the better I can keep up with you all and the prouder we can all become of our league.
User avatar
RedRobbin
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:43 pm

Re: NCAAs 2019

Postby Ghost of Fleming » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:29 pm

RedRobbin wrote:Speaking of "posting egregious content and making unsubstantiated claims," how about you don't call out former MIAA swimmers who have posted on the forms a grand total of once to cover for your own insecurities. I am Eli, and I usually love reading and following these forms because it's one of the only ways I can keep up with the league and swimmers I love most. If I'm biased towards anything it's the MIAA men’s breaststroke. I dropped everything to watch those races. While I was on the live feed for MIAAs I cheered just as loud for Kimbrell, Huttenlocher, Kirk, Knott, and all the other breaststrokers as I did for my own brother because of how much I love the stroke and how honored I was to be a part of such an outstanding group of swimmers. Racing against breaststrokes like Johnson Cochran and Tyler Kimbrell was the pride of my athletic career. The only tears I ever shed for my sport didn't come from my last race at NCAAs, they came from my last race against Kimbrell in the 100 breast. I was horribly ill with the flu all MIAAs and was so ashamed, not because I had a bad time or was low on the podium, but because I knew it was the last time I could be a part of their legacy and I was ashamed to contributed so little to it right when I though I could’ve brought so much. I have closely followed their times and swims since I finished and my heart aches for them when they perform below what we know they’re capable of and bounds for them in their successes.
So, before we all go around accusing people of this and that on these forums, how about we remember what this is, a place to celebrate and discuss an outstanding group of individuals. People will have biases, it’s inevitable, and they will come through on the forms, but so long as the content is constructive and respectful it really shouldn’t matter if one person likes to talk about Calvin, another about Albion, and people like me, about a specific stroke. The more we post the better I can keep up with you all and the prouder we can all become of our league.



lol nerd
Ghost of Fleming
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:34 am


Return to Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests