NESCAC Weekend 2

Moderators: polarbear, imJumbo

Re: NESCAC Weekend 2

Postby RetiredJet » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:42 am

Borg wrote:
polarbear wrote:
imJumbo wrote:
I saw fewer "outlier" swims this year, and many of the vets were not as fast, which to me implied less rest. I think in the long run they will be better off for it. Ask me in March.

I wonder if the Tufts' coaches are taking a different approach this year if the "less rest" is true.
Last year several Tufts men were tapered at the pre NESCAC Middlebury meet, likely due to the jumbo size and depth of the squad (pun intended), recording times that would have added to their NESCAC championship score. This year......we'll see what kind of depth they have in the next two months...and how these swimmers get deployed.
The hunted rather than the hunter.
What's Tufts male diver situation?

I think depth will be the deciding factor for whoever wins the meet. Last year Tufts only had 1 non scoring event whereas Williams had a handful. I think the top 3 teams all have some good depth but we will see how it develops over the next few months. As for the diving situation Tufts has one male diver who was top 8 on both boards last year I believe so they should still have one diver at NESCACs.

On another note didn't see this until now but a big meet this weekend with Tufts vs Wesleyan vs WPI vs Wesleyan on Saturday. Last year they did a weird event lineup (no 1000 or medley relays) so will be interesting to see if they stick with the same events as last year. Good luck to all teams involved, should be quite the meet to watch!
RetiredJet

Postby swimdad » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:51 pm

One thing has definitely been confirmed, Tufts was fully tapered and suited last weekend!

[ Post made via iPhone ]
swimdad

Postby imJumbo » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:28 pm

swimdad wrote:One thing has definitely been confirmed, Tufts was fully tapered and suited last weekend!

[ Post made via iPhone ]

Nope.. not taking the bait.. nope.

[ Post made via iPhone ]
imJumbo

Postby swimdad » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:30 pm

No bait intended. Facts are facts.

[ Post made via iPhone ]
swimdad

Postby EphFan123 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:21 pm

@swimdad don't you know that suits alone are responsible for 3+ seconds/hundred? That plus the magic MIT pool.
EphFan123

Postby swimdad » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:21 am

:)

[ Post made via iPhone ]
swimdad

Postby Borg » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:20 am

EphFan123 wrote:@swimdad don't you know that suits alone are responsible for 3+ seconds/hundred? That plus the magic MIT pool.

A Speedo tech was on deck at MIT hand crafting custom LZRs for the NESCAC champs. That and their 2 week full taper
Borg

Previous

Return to New England Small College Athletic Conference